• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Winter Rec & Travel show

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
I did stop by your booth as well. You had the best selection of HMK's to look at, though, no size 13's in the BOA's. I did try on the lace up ones though, and they did seem kind of small, but I think they will work.

Chris...Just make sure you have a few 13's in the fancy BOA's at the show.

You know what they say about the guy with big feet.......He wears even bigger boots!

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Husky44...my take on the subject of pricing.

I have no problem buying from in town, actually, I prefer it. But, ill use MadHatter as an example, I will not pay retail pricing for a 2 year old helmet...Under any circumstances. The shops that sell stuff, need to know what they are selling and what its worth.

The biggest thing I see, is that guys keep one or two of something in stock, and order in the rest. Sorry, Im not going to order boots/helmet/clothing anything like that before I try it on. If they had them to try on, then ordered people in pairs separately, I would be ok with that.

I think the biggest thing for me though is just the lack of selection and pricing.

Thats just how I feel on the subject.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
After going to the show to look for a helmet and boots, I can say I am extremely disappointed. Everybody just seemed to half-a55 everything. There was a good showing of sleds, but thats about it. Go-pro had crap for boot selection. I was looking for a nice fox carbon helmet, and the only one I saw was an older v3 pilot at mad hatter. Too bad the guy who was at the show didnt even know it was a lightweight one...and for 325 for a 2 year old lid???WTF?

Oh well, rant over. It would just be nice to try on some helmets/boots in my size before I order them. Is that to much to ask?

So, where in Anchorage/Wasilla area can I find a nice Carbon/Kevlar helmet, and some HMK focus pro boa's???

Anchorage yamaha has a carbon helmet for 425, also new arai helmets but they are around 500 i think. I will be rockin a arai this year though, imo the est helmet made, light, strong, and sooo comfortable on the ol mellon.

Last edited:
A
Sep 20, 2008
I bought from AlaskaSnowSafaris. HMK boas at a very good price. He did not have my size in stock at the booth, but said he will let me try on 13s, and 14s in his shop when his shipment comes in. I was unaware of the fact that he even sold gear, but has gained a new customer. He even let my boy, and my friends boy have a plethera of stickers.
one happy customer:)

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Nice to see you, Chris! (aksnowsafaries) I was thinking about getting a HMK coat from your trailer outside there, but, you didnt have my size. lol. Do you have any of last years boots left? or even used ones?

Last edited:
Andy:

I do have some new boots in stock in limited sizes and my own last year's pair of Focuses Size 11 that are used but not abused! :D

I do have some used HMK coats from last year that I was not planning on selling and using again for my clients this season. Come on by and I'll see if I have your size and color combo that you are lookin for.

Thanks everyone for the business at the winter rec show and I am looking forward to having the new 09' order in a full run of sizes at the next winter show on October 17, 18, and 19. We will have some of the same deals at this show and will stock up on pack, shovel, probe combo's since we sold out at the last winter show! http://www.oxygenandoctane.com/ We will have a large HMK booth with some of the HMK freeride team members, Dan Phillips and Tommy Frankson there to help out and show off the new gear.

If anyone has any questions about HMK, feel free to drop me a line at any time.

Chris

Last edited:
B
Feb 28, 2008
wasilla
i have a pair of hmk black/orange highmark pros size 10, i only wore them once and put them back in box. reason is i got a pair of pro boas like two days later for a smokin deal, i kept these as backup, but now just taking up space. bought for 195.00 but give me a reasonable offer(anyone)

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Hey Chris...

I saw your used boots for sale....ewwww, boy did they smell!!!! Did a cat take a crap in them........ Just kidding :) They looked ok, but were too small for me. Ill be showing up to your booth at the next show. I should be still in the market for boots unless a local (valley) supplier will give me a deal. I always prefer to support local businesses and will do so this winter as well. Ill see you this next show!

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Andy:

I do have some new boots in stock in limited sizes and my own last year's pair of Focuses Size 11 that are used but not abused! :D

I do have some used HMK coats from last year that I was not planning on selling and using again for my clients this season. Come on by and I'll see if I have your size and color combo that you are lookin for.

Thanks everyone for the business at the winter rec show and I am looking forward to having the new 09' order in a full run of sizes at the next winter show on October 17, 18, and 19. We will have some of the same deals at this show and will stock up on pack, shovel, probe combo's since we sold out at the last winter show! http://www.oxygenandoctane.com/ We will have a large HMK booth with some of the HMK freeride team members, Dan Phillips and Tommy Frankson there to help out and show off the new gear.

Chris

Thank you! :D

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Andy:

Chris

Man I must be blind i didnt even see your booth, but I did see you 4 sleds outside. I will have to check out your stuff at the next show. I am in need of a new coat.

Premium Features