• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wicked SKI DOO throttle pull?

Does anybody Know of a solution for the 05 ski doo 800 rack style carbs, to make it less abusive on the poor little thumb.......Can you buy a lighter spring? can you cut a coil out of the existing one?
any tried and true ideas?
Thanks

Cable?

Does anybody Know of a solution for the 05 ski doo 800 rack style carbs, to make it less abusive on the poor little thumb.......Can you buy a lighter spring? can you cut a coil out of the existing one?
any tried and true ideas?
Thanks

It might be time for a new cable, the plastic liner can wear through allowing friction from the cable and housing rubbing together. You might check your cable routing also.

I have had a number of REV's and never had a stiff flipper.

Hope this helps

Yeh I told my friend that,
He said the routing is good, and the cable is new.
I guess I will just have to tell him he cant be a puss all the time!!

just tellem to tuff it out for one season. next season he wont have a little thumb he will have a big ole mans thumb =)

j/k :D

On the XP carbs you can move the return spring on the carbs from the stock position to the next notch and lessen the throttle pull. I believe you can do the same thing with the REV carbs. Take a look at the carbs and you will see a second catch that the spring clips to. Another option is to get an aftermarket throttle assembly (Powermad) and go to a Polaris flipper. The Poo flipper is longer and easier to pull.

Mark

On the XP carbs you can move the return spring on the carbs from the stock position to the next notch and lessen the throttle pull. I believe you can do the same thing with the REV carbs. Take a look at the carbs and you will see a second catch that the spring clips to. Another option is to get an aftermarket throttle assembly (Powermad) and go to a Polaris flipper. The Poo flipper is longer and easier to pull.

Mark

Exactly what Mark said :D

Premium Features

Back