• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whos Snowcheckin Somthin new year?

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
soooo I wasn't sure what I really wanted ... a big toss up between the AC and the Xtra pricey... and I really wasn't even sure that I was going to do it this year ~ but I was inspired to go through with it ;) (Thanks Jesse) Going to be hard to part with the rev but I suppose it will make a good back up sled as long as the kiddo doesn't want to ride too much ;)

I snowchecked an 800 Summit X 146 whooooohooooo!!! (mommy is going to have more ponies under the hood)

Last edited:
A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
choices

I sure am pissed off that arctic cat isn't doing the demo program. I rode an 09 this time last year at turny, but no luck for the 2010. I'll be looking hard at a sno pro m8 or the new hcr, don't know yet.

C
Nov 28, 2006
Willow, AK
After a lot of debate, I'm snowchecking a M8 LE. I wanted a new Polaris, but the issues with the 800 motor are too much for me to deal with and I don't really want to risk them getting it fixed in the off season. I've rode Polaris since I was a kid and always smack talked AC. I guess times change.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
im getting an new rmk 155 800. i have faith that polaris will come thru. ive rode polaris all my life becides one year so im not giving up so soon

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
I'll be looking at the Crossfire 8. The Ms only come in 153 & 162, and I have way too much fun on my 141" to want a longer track...too bad 'cause I like some of the options that t he HCR offers

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
soooo I wasn't sure what I really wanted ... a big toss up between the AC and the Xtra pricey... and I really wasn't even sure that I was going to do it this year ~ but I was inspired to go through with it ;) (Thanks Jesse) Going to be hard to part with the rev but I suppose it will make a good back up sled as long as the kiddo doesn't want to ride too much ;)

I snowchecked an 800 Summit X 146 whooooohooooo!!! (mommy is going to have more ponies under the hood)

Damn! I so bummed! I was going to talked to you about your ride when we were @ Sector 7. XPs are soooo hard to manage, but maybe I'm just a wuss...

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Damn! I so bummed! I was going to talked to you about your ride when we were @ Sector 7. XPs are soooo hard to manage, but maybe I'm just a wuss...

you are sooooooo not a wuss LOL but one advantage that I have for going from my rev to the xp ~ is that I have been used to the extreme rider forward position with my ape hangars positioned the way they are for the past 4 seasons and I never sit down. I'll end up getting rid of the sway bar and I am sure doing whatever I can to mod it out :D should be a fun project

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
you are sooooooo not a wuss LOL but one advantage that I have for going from my rev to the xp ~ is that I have been used to the extreme rider forward position with my ape hangars positioned the way they are for the past 4 seasons and I never sit down. I'll end up getting rid of the sway bar and I am sure doing whatever I can to mod it out :D should be a fun project

That's funny that you say you never sit down, 'cause I rode a buddies Xp and only began to figure out it's balance when I sat down and carved, once I had that balance figured out I was able to stand up and make it do what I wanted... well, sort of...

C
Nov 28, 2006
Willow, AK
im getting an new rmk 155 800. i have faith that polaris will come thru. ive rode polaris all my life becides one year so im not giving up so soon

I really hope they do too. I have a riding bud with a 09 800 RMK that has went down twice with scored pistons. Hatcher Pass Polaris has been awesome taking car of him (even offered him a demo sled for a recent 3 day ride we went on), but there is only so much they can do with backordered repair parts and a fuel map that doesn't work. I was set on an Assult, but I don't get out enough to have my sled going down left and right.

A
Nov 26, 2007
ANC, AK
2010 m8 le

Has anyone gotten a price quote for a '10 M8 LE between Anc and Talkeetna? Who's offering the best deal!
Do the dealers cut any deals at Arctic Man? A few drinks + good price = new sled and an excuse!

Last edited:
A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
I called Talkeetna to get a price but I never heard back, so I'm getting mine from Paul at ERPAC.

Yeah I've asked for pricing form Mt. Magic and ASAC and neither have gotten back to me, I think A/C hasn't really released final pricing to them...

Premium Features