• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who has a blower?

S

smv sledhead

Thinking about going for the Speedwerx Charger kit. Not sure about it tho. More coins. I'm also attracted to the Aerocharger turbo kit. Anybody have the ins and outs?

I'm no expert- but that kit seems to be limited ti like 5 or 6 psi max

I would recommend a dual injector RG/PG kit. they are only a few hundred dollars more. then you can run anywhere from 4psi -14 psi with Octane being your main limiting factor.

Seems to be really hard to get any info on the Speedwerx supercharger kit from this site.
I have seen a few guys ask for input and all they got was the regular stuff of how it does not work and you should buy a turbo. never saw any input form actual owners. There was an older thread where an actual owner replied and he pretty much got attacked. I have not had any actual seat time on a supercharger, although I would love to. I do believe in the idea, just think there is more to be done to get them to where they need to be. That being said, I have many hours on different brands of turbos and I can say that if you got the way of the turbo, you will be happy! the newer kits out there rock. I would stay away from buying older used kits, as there has been many improvements over the last few years. I also agree that you should consider getting the RG/PG kit, as most guys I know always wanted more power once they tasted it. Lol!

Seems to be really hard to get any info on the Speedwerx supercharger kit from this site.
I have seen a few guys ask for input and all they got was the regular stuff of how it does not work and you should buy a turbo. never saw any input form actual owners. There was an older thread where an actual owner replied and he pretty much got attacked.

For F sake... not a single person harassed Jensen, not even close. He gave some honest feedback, and people asked him some questions. If EDP chimed in, THEN I'm sure people started harassing him... but that's not the same thing.

Of all the people that are on here, ONE customer has posted his results... there are dozens of twisted, cutler, OVS, and probably HUNDREDS of BD customers, yet ONE Speedwerx customer. Says a lot. People around here are less than enthusiastic about SW because of a number of horrible customer service issues over the years, but who knows, the SC kit MIGHT be great... I just wouldn't trust them to stand behind it, and TRUST is a big part of spending $6000+ with someone.

Aren't David McClure and Rob Kincaid riding supercharged sleds this year? I would think there should be some footage showing up early in the year.

I ALWAYS trust stuff coming from people who aren't paying to ride a sled...:face-icon-small-win You know it'll be unbiased and ALWAYS truthful!

Lol, I never said it would be either unbiased or truthful, but there should be some footage of the superchargers in action! Maybe even a couple people seeing them in real life!........ Well that might be stretching it. ;)

Lol, I never said it would be either unbiased or truthful, but there should be some footage of the superchargers in action! Maybe even a couple people seeing them in real life!........ Well that might be stretching it. ;)

Back when I had my first M1000 (full speedwerx btw) I could have sent video after video of it running... when it did run, it ran great, just didn't do that all that often.:face-icon-small-sho

there is a video of the procharger on speedwerx web page

It's about 1.5 years old and i wasn't impressed with what I saw, it sounds cool, but so does a Nytro with a Akropovic exhaust. but again it's a $6000 low boost system. which at best is going to be limited in power output. let's say in theory it's really snappy on the low end, well you can do that with gearing for under $150.

speedwerx had this slug at haydays, it got smoked by every single piped doo and cat 800 in the class . sure shows how much smoke shes making..smoke and mirrors that is:crazy::crazy::crazy:...lol

Seriously? Their supercharger was getting beat by piped stock sleds??

speedwerx had this slug at haydays, it got smoked by every single piped doo and cat 800 in the class . sure shows how much smoke shes making..smoke and mirrors that is:crazy::crazy::crazy:...lol

You are so full of it!! Speedwerx supercharged sled smoked everything that came across (only 3 sleds in the category) and with a full mountain chassis......

vi-pec powersports

You are so full of it!! Speedwerx supercharged sled smoked everything that came across (only 3 sleds in the category) and with a full mountain chassis......goncheck on snowbaron website the results under
Imp stk 800 open.....ron gilland finished first and he was running our ECU on this baby. In the final he let go 3 times the throttle (skis not on the ground) and still manage to finish three sled lenght over second place.

vi-pec powersports

vi-pec powersports

i had the chance to ride one last spring and was very impressed with it i mad a comment in the other thread on it if you want to see more

Premium Features

Back