• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whistler-Pemberton official 09-10 thread

I will be posting current reports for the Whistler Pemberton area again this year. There are going to be some challenges sledding with the Olympics on next Feb and I will do my best to keep you posted.. Brandywine should be open until Feb 1 and reopen some time in March.

For all local sledders the first PVSC meeting is Oct 1st at 7:30 at the new community center. See you there.

quick links

Whistler blackcomb snow report webcams and avy report
Sea to Sky Olympic webcams
Brohm Ridge webcam
CAA south coast avy report

Last edited:

vendetta

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Langley B.C
thanks for the update. do you know if triconi mountian just outside squamish will be closed because of the olympics??

Rob

S

sledjunky3

Dec 4, 2007
Beautiful B.C.
So what is the deal with the olympics and acess to rutherford... they cannot turn you back if you are on your way through to pemberton???

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
thanks for the update. do you know if triconi mountian just outside squamish will be closed because of the olympics??

Rob

It was my understanding that Tricouni will stay open and you are allowed to ride Brandywine but you just cannot park there. If you unload at Tricouni you can head over to BW from there and eventually back to wherever you want to go on the cap, except Callaghan and Sproatt of course.

I'd say the parking lots at High Falls and Tricouni are going to be pretty full in the month of February!!

I drove up the new highway to the Olympic village last Saturday....if they ever open that up to sledding again it will be so sweet for unloading!!

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
nightmare

the Whole valley will be a complete gong show. you are not going to be able to drive north of Squamish without a permit. I dont think the locals will be to stoked if everyone goes to triconi either. to much traffic and caos.

S

sledjunky3

Dec 4, 2007
Beautiful B.C.
so i snowcheck a brand new sled this year and now i cannot take it to brandywine or rutherford when the snow is flying... I will literally go completely insane! Anyone else second this permit thing?

D

Diesel99

Nov 27, 2007
Maple Ridge, BC
I believe you only need a parking permit to get past the Squamish checkpoint during the actual Olympic time period. Brandywine parking will be closed from Jan to the end of March although they might have 1/2 the parking lot for Jan.
Crappy year to get a new sled if Whistler area is your only option. Parking at Brohm kinda sucks so looks like I will be making a few more trips up to Revy.

J
Dec 30, 2007
anything about a permit is lies. They had toyed the idea, but traffic concerns have been alleviated.

There will however be no public parking available in whistler itself(the daylots will be closed)

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
i dont know about enough to ride :beer; but a pretty good first dump none the less..:face-icon-small-hap wont hold up just yet though.. another 2-3 weeks before we might start building a base

S

sledjunky3

Dec 4, 2007
Beautiful B.C.
website showing flurries all week.... pretty good teaser! Hopefully this is a taste of whats to comeafter the dismal start to last years season which saw me riding in a t-shirt in the middle of december!!!

S
Dec 21, 2007
Coquitlam, BC
Can't believe the snow up there today, I was dirtbiking up the ridge on Sunday and it was hot and sunny! Was hoping to get up there again but I think it will be pretty slick now... oh well time to switch into sled mode:D

:beer;

G

Grizzly Adams

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 2, 2009
Webcam from whistler @ 9:00am sept 30th.
chair.jpg
[/IMG]

Premium Features