• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

which clutch kit?

S
Feb 19, 2008
S.E. Idaho
Same question

I had this same question, but I was looking at doing it to my 06 800 P-tek. I can't decide which kit to put in. I ride in the higher elevations. And I really don't want to have to tinker, just want a pull and go sled. What have people experienced along this route of clutching. Any real life input would be great as I can't decide who I should be giving my money to this year. By the way, does rooster built have a webpage like Joe does? It would be nice to look at some of their info. Thanks in advance!:beer;

T
Jun 17, 2008
numerous kits gets slammed due to issues on a sled .all areas snow isnt the same and changes thru the seasons .
xp clutch alignment needs to be monitored or your valuable kit wont preform as intended
doo made a new chassi and boasted it was 37 percent stronger . note that was a 600 power plant and a short agressive track.had 2 braces in the structure that the 800 production didnt get with its longer heavier track .

even with the clutches properly aligned , under full power on a hill , the clutches arent remaining in alignment with out these two braces .
to advance the over all preformance and belt life the braces need to be addresssed.

maybe doo will offer these up in 2010, or maybe they are happy with the huge belt sales they have had the last two seasons ????

there are some guys selling aftermarket ones on here but i was hopeing that doo would step up ,

O
Aug 17, 2009
i'll agree with turboal that you need to cover all the bases if you expect any clutch kit to work correctly.....My personal kits of choice would have to be either HeavyHitter or SuperTorquer kits which allow the tuner the maxium range of tunability which is something most kits do not offer.

OT

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
I had this same question, but I was looking at doing it to my 06 800 P-tek. I can't decide which kit to put in. I ride in the higher elevations. And I really don't want to have to tinker, just want a pull and go sled. What have people experienced along this route of clutching. Any real life input would be great as I can't decide who I should be giving my money to this year. By the way, does rooster built have a webpage like Joe does? It would be nice to look at some of their info. Thanks in advance!:beer;

06 800 is one of my fave kits ever.
Push off the trailer calibrations
Click 3
17g up to 8000~8500 feet.
16g 8500 and higher.
In the end, the flyweight determines the rpms, let the tach tell you what to do for your own application/weight/elevations.

clicky on one review of many

To people who have contacted me about clutch kits, Im in the office one day/week now either wed or thurs (depends on what the boss says) then back full time sept 7th
sorry for the delay, I am a slave to the other work until i fulfilled my commitment, I cannot get out of my equipment job until that week in Sept.
regards
joey

Last edited:
I

ice man

Jan 26, 2008
oliver bc canada
clutch kit

i just picked up an xp,going to add vent kit and it sounds like i need your 08 800 xp summit clutch kit.i registered on revzone,summer price?cheers:beer;:beer;

Griz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
So Ive been reading about these kits and I'm very familiar with DJ's kit because its been around a while. So whats the difference between these 2 kits?

Thanks!

Premium Features