• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

When should I replace 800r Pistons

Good Grief DiamondDave.....In 07/08 skidoo sold MILLIONS of snowmobiles. Like any production product parts can and will fail. Its to be expected. Just because someone on DooSqwauck.com posted a post about failed rave valves i guess everyone should run out and replace them LMAO....The percentage of rave valves that have failed is so minimal that it's not even worth discussing...... QUOTE, You know i have a friend who cracked his rave valve at 1400 miles. What's the matter DiamondDave don't you even have your own skidoo experiance to talk about ? How many rave valves have you cracked ?

Like i stated keep the rave valves clean and they will last for ever.

Last edited:
IMHO..The 1st, 2nd & 3rd pull of the rope on a cold sub-zero morning is HELL on all cylinders walls, pistons/rings. Having the adility to keep your sled in a warm shelter in between rides sure helps.

OT

Gotta agree with ya there OT. Not only hard on the motor but hard on the fingers if the cord snaps back. :D I carry a propane torch and preheat the cylinders for this reason on really cold days (no enclosed trailer for me). If I don't preheat my triple, I can't even pull it over. The twin is OK but still gets tough.

NSC

Good Grief DiamondDave.....In 07/08 skidoo sold MILLIONS of snowmobiles. Like any production product parts can and will fail. Its to be expected. Just because someone on DooSqwauck.com posted a post about failed rave valves i guess everyone should run out and replace them LMAO....The percentage of rave valves that have failed is so minimal that it's not even worth discussing...... QUOTE, You know i have a friend who cracked his rave valve at 1400 miles. What's the matter DiamondDave don't you even have your own skidoo experiance to talk about ? How many rave valves have you cracked ?

Like i stated keep the rave valves clean and they will last for ever.

First you say parts break, then you say they'll last forever, LMAO

Yeah you're right once again. The amount of failed Rave valves was so minimal that BRP AND the aftermarket updated them for absolutely no reason after one year of the 800R. It's a good thing you're not running BRP.

I sense a bit of anger over "doosquak" giving you the boot. There are several more examples of these valves failing, however I didn't feel the need to post links to the other 394 threads on the subject. Unlike you, some people only don't need 395 choices on what to read.

I don't know why I could've been so stupid to go at it with somebody who has the mentality of a plant. My BAD!!

DJ, BJ, GUS, Kelsey...you guys were all correct...

Gus' post earlier summed it up perfectly

First you say parts break, then you say they'll last forever, LMAO

Yeah you're right once again. The amount of failed Rave valves was so minimal that BRP AND the aftermarket updated them for absolutely no reason after one year of the 800R. It's a good thing you're not running BRP.

I sense a bit of anger over "doosquak" giving you the boot. There are several more examples of these valves failing, however I didn't feel the need to post links to the other 394 threads on the subject. Unlike you, some people only don't need 395 choices on what to read.

I don't know why I could've been so stupid to go at it with somebody who has the mentality of a plant. My BAD!!

DJ, BJ, GUS, Kelsey...you guys were all correct...

Gus' post earlier summed it up perfectly

Dude you really need to get your head out of the sand......1st of all, ALL mass produced part will have a percentage of failure. I don't care how many times the part had been UPDATED. Parts Fail !!!....

Whats Doosquak just another website with a much more narrower scope on reality than SW. The owner of that website are so protective of there sponsors that heaven forbide if anyone express there opinion. Not bothered abite. I've been on SW for more than 10 years everyone has there right to there opinion and agree to disagree.

OT

Dont they come with a set in the parts kit ? There usally on the bottom down there under all the belts:D

I'm just kidding you doo guys are fun to tease !

I think most sleds regardless of brand should be given a top end around 3K

Ok, I will go back to where I belong !

Premium Features

Back