• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What would replace a 2871 garrett

Need to replace a turbo on my OVS race gas kit, looking for a turbo, but not having much luck. What kind of turbo's would replace the 2871? just want a turbo that will work for now. Something that will bolt to the oil tank, and the exhaust will hook up to as well.

Need to replace a turbo on my OVS race gas kit, looking for a turbo, but not having much luck. What kind of turbo's would replace the 2871? just want a turbo that will work for now. Something that will bolt to the oil tank, and the exhaust will hook up to as well.

Anything with a T25 inlet, and matching outlet (standard garrett 5 bolt t25 probly) should work for you, or be very easily modified. That should include GT2860s, gt2871s, gt2876s, T25s, T28s, etc

Just going on ebay here, looking at ones, how can i tell if they're water+oil cooled or just oil? I'm looking for a turbo that has all around good power, not necessarily big top end. But i want a mix of both quick spool and power.

If your Garrett failed just get a new center section or a good used Garrett. You will be far happier in the end.

turbo

I have a 2871 center section I may be selling if interested. If I was going to change turbo's I would be going with the gtx 2867 .

This kit is for an m8, and i dont have any turbo at all. Not even a blown up one.
Kit is an OVS race gas, intercooler, and 4 injectors. aerocharger is still on the f7.

gus.bohne@comcast.net
I can hook you up with what you need. dual ceramic ball bearing.

2871, 3071, 2867, 3076, 3582.
all billet 11 blade gtx .
all 30 series external gate
all 28 series internal gate

all 995$ wth 1 full yr warranty

In the works for this yr, a completely NEW oil pump that does not drain the electrical system or interfere with the oil injection system at all ..

Tony, would you like to run one for me this season ? would be nice to get one in your hands or Stanger if he is even really still alive !!!
:israel::israel::israel:

gus.bohne@comcast.net

In the works for this yr, a completely NEW oil pump that does not drain the electrical system or interfere with the oil injection system at all ..

Tony, would you like to run one for me this season ? would be nice to get one in your hands or Stanger if he is even really still alive !!!

hmmm...I've been wanting to go back and try a 3071 again just to...well you know:dance: I'll send you an email so as not to hijack this thread.

This kit is for an m8, and i dont have any turbo at all. Not even a blown up one.
Kit is an OVS race gas, intercooler, and 4 injectors. aerocharger is still on the f7.

There ya go..hard to beat those prices. Ive run a 2876, 3071 and a 2871 on my M8(non-HO). They all had worked. Id say the 2871 and 76 are the easiest to run. The 3071 is in a class all it's own but requires you to stay on top of the low end fueling and clutching as you run up and down in altitude. Now to add fuel to the fire...I'd take a hard look at the 2867, but I have not run one on my sled........Good luck!

There ya go..hard to beat those prices. Ive run a 2876, 3071 and a 2871 on my M8(non-HO). They all had worked. Id say the 2871 and 76 are the easiest to run. The 3071 is in a class all it's own but requires you to stay on top of the low end fueling and clutching as you run up and down in altitude. Now to add fuel to the fire...I'd take a hard look at the 2867, but I have not run one on my sled........Good luck!

Haha, i think you've added quite a bit of fuel to the fire! I was thinking a 2867 turbo. I have no interest in a 3071 because of the fueling down below. I want as close to a pull and go sled as i can get.

gus.bohne@comcast.net

I'll email you right now.

Premium Features

Back