• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What will CAT do!! lack of dealers to do Recalls!!!

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Short history: Traveled in 2020 400+ miles to buy two Hardcore Alphas from Pacific Boatland (only one who would even return an email ,no other dealer close,, had family business in Portland anyway ,, ) now that it's time to do the clutch recall the dealer( at the foot of the Sierras !! )(no names yet) has all of a sudden decided they don't work on sleds , First it was they don't have enough room then tools broke now we don't work on them WTF ARE YA GONNA DO CAT ?????? If a business becomes a dealer then they are either the F..k in or are completely OUT go rep someone else's products !! Been riding cats for 30+ years may be jumping ship ( I know, I know,, Cat doesn't care!! I am one person ) I have built full mod sleds from the ground up and have done several rebuilds over the years so not afraid to work on em but when they can't supply recall service within a reasonable distance then **** needs to change !!

Pacific Boatland is top notch !!! Just to damn far away !!

Did you try calling cat's customer service number and ask where you should be taking your sled for service? Is the dealer that is refusing selling sleds or do they just carry the dirt line? If they aren't a sled dealer I can see how they could refuse, but if they sell sleds they should service and at least be doing recalls and warranty work.

I agree with bnorth I would skip this one unless you have a cracked clutch, but the principal still stands.

No sense in getting upset over it. You've ridden it 4 seasons with no issues, so why worry that they won't be wrapping a piece of metal around your primary? Not like you're down an engine and nobody there to warranty it

I agree with all , is gonna make it a belt cooker , and I have inspected everything and so far so good for 4 years , it's the fact that they advertise being a snow dealer and now have quit , reached out to cat but it would be like eating in a restaurant where u just told the cook he sucks lol

Short history: Traveled in 2020 400+ miles to buy two Hardcore Alphas from Pacific Boatland (only one who would even return an email ,no other dealer close,, had family business in Portland anyway ,, ) now that it's time to do the clutch recall the dealer( at the foot of the Sierras !! )(no names yet) has all of a sudden decided they don't work on sleds , First it was they don't have enough room then tools broke now we don't work on them WTF ARE YA GONNA DO CAT ?????? If abusiness becomes a dealer then they are either the F..k in or are completely OUT go rep someone else's products !! Been riding cats for 30+ years may be jumping ship ( I know, I know,, Cat doesn't care!! I am one person ) I have built full mod sleds from the ground up and have done several rebuilds over the years so not afraid to work on em but when they can't supply recall service within a reasonable distance then **** needs to change !!

Pacific Boatland is top notch !!! Just to damn far away !!
Dansmotorsports in Salem Oregon and it’s closer

Short history: Traveled in 2020 400+ miles to buy two Hardcore Alphas from Pacific Boatland (only one who would even return an email ,no other dealer close,, had family business in Portland anyway ,, ) now that it's time to do the clutch recall the dealer( at the foot of the Sierras !! )(no names yet) has all of a sudden decided they don't work on sleds , First it was they don't have enough room then tools broke now we don't work on them WTF ARE YA GONNA DO CAT ?????? If a business becomes a dealer then they are either the F..k in or are completely OUT go rep someone else's products !!
I think its a valid point.

Well I hope I don't fall victim to clutches scattering guess time will tell , heard back once from cat customer service I responded somewhat pissed haven't heard back !!! I either live with it or drive 425 one way to Vancouver or 350 to Salem or 300 to Winnemucca guess that's the options !!

I've been on this program for 5 seasons now. I am on my third primary due to cracking though.
Damn that sucks I have an 05 KK with 6500 miles , piped from day one never touched the primary other than maintaining it engages perfect and tops at 7800 don't make em like they used to I guess !!

Well kinda what I thought THEY told me how to use the dealer locator to find a closer dealer !!!! Their is no f....ng closer dealer IDIOTS !!! Thanks Textron for you superb customer service NOT!!

Well Mine is up for the recall and dealer ( I guess i was Lucky) is 150 miles away- So they can put the shield on-no problem..
PROBLEM is....... that the replacement clutches are backordered till MARCH !!!!!--and if you want to make it better- you have to take you sled back to have it installed and torqued by the dealer.

SO I was just wanting a clutch and toss the shield anyhoo- but this is getting a bit out of hand..

Nobody is gonna not ride just cause clutches are on backorder so I see a big problem here.

Well Mine is up for the recall and dealer ( I guess i was Lucky) is 150 miles away- So they can put the shield on-no problem..
PROBLEM is....... that the replacement clutches are backordered till MARCH !!!!!--and if you want to make it better- you have to take you sled back to have it installed and torqued by the dealer.

SO I was just wanting a clutch and toss the shield anyhoo- but this is getting a bit out of hand..

Nobody is gonna not ride just cause clutches are on backorder so I see a big problem here.
Typical cart before the horse bullshit from Cat I am thoroughly pissed about their lack of giving a F..k

Premium Features

Back