• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What sled to get (RMK SUMMIT SWITCHBACK)

C
Feb 10, 2009
This may not be the right spot to post this but I aint sure so here goes.
So I getting a new sled for next year and wants some opinions right now I leaning towards the switchback even though i am a major ski-doo fan. I ride about 40 trail 40 off trail and 20 utility (hunting etc..) but I am a off trail in the trees as much as i can and ts my favorite but i aint going stop riding just cause sometimes the girlfriend or family wants a trail ride and also in labrador we get tos of snow so it takes a while to melt and isnt good offtrail so i aint going stop riding so trails it is and well hunting and cabin i crawl through woods and the trees get pretty thick in labrador so opinions please cause here what i think so far. I a big doo fan they seem more redefined i trust them and think they are reliable and ngines are great but i have driven a 08 renegade ade into a backcountry pretty much and i just find that so hard to throw around so i not sure i want a xp also i think doo will be replacing that chassis in their 2014 year or around then and i would so want that one but i cant afford it and dont do the whole trade and sale thing every two years. And i really think the being able to throw the sled around is supper important but i dont find that with the doo even though not a summit and i here the polaris is amazing for it and the one i tried for a few min seemed really good to throw around. Now between the polaris sleds rmk or switch i think the 155 would be to much for the trail i do so the 144 and 2in lug would be better even thought the added 155 floatation would be great and consider in a summit but if the polaris is so tippy as they say i dont think it be to great a idea. And switchback has to get skis replaced cause they no good and after having a sled with a 42 in ski stance for long time and having a 38in ski stance on a few sleds i didnt think i would ever buy a 42 in ski stance sled but i here its tippy and then there is the option of the 600 rmk which got the right track and ski stance and skis but its a 600 maybe i could deal with that i an average guy about 6 ft and little out of shape and overweight but not enough i think i need a 800 for. But i ride and love riding so maybe a 800 best but 600 does have way better reliability and long lasting so ideas. and the 600 got "edit for bad language" shocks and to blocky contols on the bars so anyways right now i figure i get the switchback assault lower gearing clutch kit and 2in track and gripper skis or aftermarket if anyone knows better still debating mid or low windshield so ideas on that to are great but basically i want to see if i can create a discussion for opinions on these sleds or for basically the 50 50 rider who prefers off trail but cant afford to have two sleds or replace tracks every year and still be happy on those trails to i gotta take a few of them to get off trail. so sorry for the supper long book i wrote but let me know i figure I will buy around snow check and any ideas on most get aftermarket stuff to for these sleds. And the switchback running boards where they keep going do anyone have any opinions about cutting them off. So please give opinions guys/girls.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
can't understand a lot of what you said, but I would definitely reccommend a 144 track over the 155 just because of the temperature issues that come with the longer track on trails. The switchbacks are pretty nice though!

C
Feb 10, 2009
Thanks man I was really worried about how easy the switchback will lay on its side got any experience with that and sorry for my munble jumble post. I have a lot of experience on the XP and its not that you cant make it to throw around but i find your just wasting more energy and the sled I get this time thats the main thing I want have to admit that I havent tried the new s36 front on the summits though so that may be better but figuring how the chassis has been around so long I wouldnt mind trying out a newer one.

Last edited:
Premium Features