• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What should my RPM be?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I just pulled up my first data log using the PCV Pod display and the max RPM im hitting is 8361rpm, thats high isnt it? For a 2007 M8. And it also said that the max throttle position I have it was 82% throttle, does that mean my TPS can be out of adjustment or its going bad?

K

kcdavidak

Dec 4, 2007
ketchikan,ak
Calibration

Not sure on the Pcv , but with most electronic gadgets that have that kind of functions they need to be calibrated to each other .with brand x with tps controll for nitrous using rpm or tps there was a set up calibration .hope this helps

Robert,

8300 is a bit high on the non-HO cat. I shot for 7900RPM on my old 2009 TM8 with stock pipe - then 8150RPM with the 2010+ shape of pipe on the same non-HO engine. The RPM reading of the PCV does not need to be calibrated to read correctly - it comes straight off the stock ECU and engine's electronics.

TP calibration may just be off inside the PCV - and your sled's TPS is fine. ALL sleds running a Dynojet fuel controller should have their unit calibrated to the actual Sled's TP sensor. To do so, start the sled, then access the Power Commander Tools menu > Calibrate Throttle Position. Click Reset - then wick the throttle to wide open for a brief instant (not even engaging the track). This will have stored the low and high operating voltages of the sensor. Now click OK to store the calibration and shut the machine off.

Good questions! Enjoy the new POD-300 and explore all of it's capabilities. The Programmable Warning lights have proven highly beneficial already during in-field tuning!

~T.J.

Reactions: RobertTrivanovic

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
8300 is way over the top on my non HO motor, but it's hard to say how long and how often your motor was at that peak. I agree with 7900ish, favoring 8000 on my motor. I do run an HO y pipe so it may like a slightly different rpm than yours. When I ran an HO pipe with no other change that motor was lovin life at 8400ish and pulling hard. It was just a little too temperamental on the git-go, so I settled on the non-HO pipe with the HO Y pipe...been very good to me.

Premium Features