• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is worth the Drive?? Who has SNOW??

I am looking for snow! I've been trying to plan a trip for a couple weeks now but the places I've picked dont have enough snow. Planning on riding on the week of the Dec 28. Is Cooke City going to have enough snow to justify driving 18+ hours from California???? I've got a good crew of back country deep powder riders looking for a good time! Or does anybody have any suggestions? Ive looked into West Yellowstone, Alpine Wy, Steamboat Springs Co, Halfway Or, McCall Id. Halfway and McCall seem to about about a 4 ft base which could work was just looking for a little more info. Also Is anybody familiar with Telluride or Silverton (lizard head pass maybe) ??? Also any info and reasonable lodging will be great! Open to other possibilities with good snow fall!

Thank You,
Randy

K

KAW76

Jan 28, 2009
Ravensdale, WA
Canada?

Not sure if it's possible (too far maybe?) but head up to Cananda 7-8 hours fomr Seattle you will be in snow that will ahve you moving or staying in Canada. Many places to go up there and everywhere is friendly. Be aware of some areas that have had theft issues but it's not as bad as some make it out to be. We are headed toward Valemount (Northern B.C) Wicked snow up there right now it's worth the drive for sure if you have the time.

I was in Revelstoke 1st week of Decemeber and it was Awesome! good luck happy holidays and be safe.

Premium Features