• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is a fair price range for a 2007 Ski Doo Summit X w/ 500-1000miles?

What is a fair price range for a 2007 Ski Doo Summit X w/ 500-1000miles?
Canadian or US?
I've been shopping lately and huge ridiculous differences between Canadian and US prices. (WHY:mad:)
That sled in Canada would likely go for around $7000 to $7500. In the US $5500 to $6500.
I just bought a 2007 600 HO SDI. Quite a bit of work done including pistons and crank in very nice condition for $4800 cdn. That's pretty good for Canada.

prices seem to vary alot between Canada and the US, and even within the US, where are you located? I was offered 7300 on a trade this year for mine with 1600 miles, but I know I could never get that in the US

I'm talking about US $$ in particular. Is there any major fixes that should have been done to the 2007 Summit X's I should be asking about when looking to buy this kind of sled?

I'm talking about US $$ in particular. Is there any major fixes that should have been done to the 2007 Summit X's I should be asking about when looking to buy this kind of sled?

Make sure the clutch has been updated and if it had the challenger lite track make sure it's not missing any paddles. Other than that it is a pretty good sled. Some guys had crank and piston issues but I think they were few and far between. I would say $6,500.00 if the sleds in good shape.

Is the "clutch update" something that Ski Doo covered under warranty? Does anyone know how many miles the standard Ski Doo warranty would cover on this sled anyway?

Is the "clutch update" something that Ski Doo covered under warranty? Does anyone know how many miles the standard Ski Doo warranty would cover on this sled anyway?

The 07's are notorious for the cranks going out early.

How notorious are we talking about here? I understand that is a $1200 replacement part. Probably not worth buying if a $1200 part could break at any time. Is there anything you can do to help prevent this from happenening in the first palce?

ALOT of '07's got a '08 engine under warranty....if you can find one of those, that is the best REV ever built IMO.
The '07 track is JUNK, just replace with a 2.3-16 Challenger.

I think you should pay someone to take it, being that its a doo :p

But on a serious note, i would say around $6000 would be correct

Due to the many crank failures, (mine went and I had to wait a couple months for a new engine to become available, they were out of them as there were lots of failures in the spring of 08) I would not get one unless the motor was already replaced. My .02, I still have it and plan to keep it.

Last edited:
Did Ski Doo fix this crank issue under warranty, and how long was the typical warrany sold with these sled?

They only good "fix" was installing an 08 motor....of it has one of those, it's as reliable as any other 800 from any manufacturer. If it's still an 07 motor, there was really no fix....lots blew lots didn't.

Premium Features

Back