• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What fuel controller?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Well looks like boost will be happening after all but I need to pick up a fuel controller for the kit. What fuel controllers do you guys recommend, not looking to spend a fortune on the controller, I like the price of an attitude box but not a fan of the fact that you cant take away fuel, I guess you can deal with that by changing fuel pressure but still annoying. Not interested in a power commander, had that on my old boosted sled and they are more of a hassel then they are worth... For me anyways. Saw boondocker and its an option but a little more then I want to spend. What else is out there?

Its a 2013 pro

Last edited:
I believe I read that silber will offer Ecm flashing by itself.

Sent them a PM thanks

Stil wondering about the bully dog controller though if anyone knows? Do you need to send it to a company and they flash it for you or can you tune by yourself on it?

Last edited:
Sent them a PM thanks

Stil wondering about the bully dog controller though if anyone knows? Do you need to send it to a company and they flash it for you or can you tune by yourself on it?

With the bully dog it comes pre loaded with a flash. There are no adjustments made by the user. If you feel the need for something different you contact silber and they can send you a new flash (tune) via email that you download to the bully dog then Onto your sled.

Looked on silbers website a bit more found the flash, its about 1050$ CND... More then I want to spend but hey, no tuning sounds like something worth paying for.... I think

the bully dog GT head unit is for monitoring only

Yes. If you keep it plugged in you can monitor certain functions. I believe it can Data log also.

But (correct me if I'm wrong) you have to purchase the bully dog GT UNIT to flash your ecm for your silber turbo kit.......

And as for the new 2016 kit you send off your ecm to get it flashed and that's it, no bully dog necessary.... Correct?

Yes. If you keep it plugged in you can monitor certain functions. I believe it can Data log also.

But (correct me if I'm wrong) you have to purchase the bully dog GT UNIT to flash your ecm for your silber turbo kit.......

And as for the new 2016 kit you send off your ecm to get it flashed and that's it, no bully dog necessary.... Correct?

Looking on their website they dont mention anything about Bully dog and they said this can be done for their older kits. http://www.silberturbos.com/products/polaris-tuner-delete-kit

Not sure on the details other then whats on the website that i found after making this post

Looking on their website they dont mention anything about Bully dog and they said this can be done for their older kits. http://www.silberturbos.com/products/polaris-tuner-delete-kit

Not sure on the details other then whats on the website that i found after making this post

I would think for that cost that would be to to eliminate the Dobec box.... I would think that if you bought a system
That used the bully dog you already have no need for a "tuner". Beings that the new system is just a ecm flash same as the bully dog GT just without having the head unit......

yeah the head unit is kinda a joke most folks didn't like them they get moisture inside and stop working

Silber quite using them in the kit kits have boost gauges now
and thats all you really need since you can't change tuning anyway
some riders use AF gauges too

the newer kits with the bully dog ecu flash are great no need to look at gauges all day ha ha

in my opinion in the next few years most if not all kits will come with
no user tuning ??? i could be wrong
at least 3 turbos companies are doing it already

I would think for that cost that would be to to eliminate the Dobec box.... I would think that if you bought a system
That used the bully dog you already have no need for a "tuner". Beings that the new system is just a ecm flash same as the bully dog GT just without having the head unit......

Yeah thats what im trying to figure out, cause with the canadian dollar that is a lot of money for just a flash for me. Id be willing to pick up a Bully dog but then how do I get a tune in it? Once again probably have to buy that from silber and then that will add up as well to being probably the same price as just their flash or more in the end.

Im just kinda surprised for the cost of just a flash if I dont get a monitor or anything out of it. If it works it works I guess....

yeah the head unit is kinda a joke most folks didn't like them they get moisture inside and stop working

Silber quite using them in the kit kits have boost gauges now
and thats all you really need since you can't change tuning anyway
some riders use AF gauges too

the newer kits with the bully dog ecu flash are great no need to look at gauges all day ha ha

in my opinion in the next few years most if not all kits will come with
no user tuning ??? i could be wrong
at least 3 turbos companies are doing it already

So is that all the new kits are just a flash from a bully dog? Meaning you are paying that much for just a flash when the bully dog itself is already 500$ I couldnt imagine you would have to buy a almost 800$ tune everytime you want to change something from your already 500$ bully dog if you bought a bully dog yourself...?

Do you know by chance how turning up the boost would work? If you turn it up do you need another flash for that boost level or does the ECU know to adjust to that?

hmm..... i see well i guess it comes down to budget
if you can afford it i'd upgrade to the new kit components
that would include
silicon intake ,silicon intake boost tube, bigger injectors to replace stock
bully dog reflash (you'll need a 13 ECU )
not sure what that costs but it'd be a few bucks

boston racing on here is great to work with

ps a buddy had a 12 kit with a the dobec tuner and we spent ALOT of time messing with it and never got it to run near as good as my 14 kit
(we aren't experienced tuners though)

hmm..... i see well i guess it comes down to budget
if you can afford it i'd upgrade to the new kit components
that would include
silicon intake ,silicon intake boost tube, bigger injectors to replace stock
bully dog reflash (you'll need a 13 ECU )
not sure what that costs but it'd be a few bucks

boston racing on here is great to work with

ps a buddy had a 12 kit with a the dobec tuner and we spent ALOT of time messing with it and never got it to run near as good as my 14 kit
(we aren't experienced tuners though)

The kit im picking up doesnt have a controller so I wont be running a dobec no matter what. Money is tight but im under the impression to run his ecu flash since im already on a 2013 i can just send in my ECU and get it flashed and dont need to buy anything else? If thats the case ill find the money to do that since no tuning is the dream haha but anything more then that and I think ill be looking for a cheaper tuning method

ha ha sorry yeah i forgot you have a 13 your ECU will work but...
as far as i know the 12 kits came with 2 extra injectors before the throttle bodies is that what you have ?

Someone keep me honest here, but you'll probably need to upgrade to bigger injectors (now standard) and not use the extra injectors as the factory ecu can't control them.

Premium Features

Back