• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what first? kmod upgrade or 3" track

hcrider

Lifetime Membership
2011 153 sno pro at 10 psi. mostly boondocking in the trees and some hill climbing. will the 3 inch track be to much without aftermarket suspension. i will only be able to do one or the other this year or should i just wait and do both next year? thanks in advance

Do the K MOD this year. It will allow you to play with it and you will know what you are getting next year when you install the track. According to Tracks USA the 156 X3X16 cut down to 15 is getting popular.

I did both this year

the Kmod will allow you to manually adjust your ski lift, my sled used to be 3 feet in the air , and i would ping pong off trees at times, now I set it at cush for the trail and then a 4 once I get to the MTN to climb, when I set it on a 4 with the power claw 2.25 the skis stayed on the ground pretty well, now that I got a 3" even while set on a 4( 90%) coupled, least ski lift the sled is still 1-2 feet in the air while climbing the steep stuff. I have to lean in front of the bars to keep it down. Just rode in 2 feet of fresh powder yesterday and found that the 3" had less track speed and would dig a lot deeper than my buddy on a 2.5". after looking at both our tracks going up the hill, my track trench was about 8" deeper. also he would traverse up the hill at a faster rate. also the 3" would catch an edge in the corner if you did not keep on the throttle.

I'd go with the kmod first, I can tell you first hand with the 3" and no suspension that when I was running 7# it was insane couldnt control it to save my life. Get the kmod!!!!!

I as well went with the 3" first, Made it 1 ride and I ordered the full K-mod skid. With out the suspention my sled was a trench master, now gets up on the snow a lot better and handles way smother.

Last edited:
Personally I went with the 3" first and limited my spending to $300 by purchasing a OVS suspension coupler. It makes the Cat suspension "act" like the KMOD. I tried it out and really kept my front end down under boost. Im holding off on KMOD just to save the bucks. Not saying the KMOD is wrong its just that OVS has provided a cheaper alternative for what we're looking for when traction and boost are combined. Cheers

Same as him ^^^ I was gunna go full timbersled but with the OVS I can plant the skis if I choose.

Same as him ^^^ I was gunna go full timbersled but with the OVS I can plant the skis

for those of you with the ovs wheelie kit can you adjust it to allow suspension to coulple or is it just one setting

thanks

I have the OVS Skid coupler sitting on a shelf. You can adjust the coupler to different settings, similar to the setting on the K Mod skid.

Premium Features

Back