• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What after market can ?

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
What exhaust can are people using on their 850 Pro RMK ? I ran into an issue last year when I discovered that the can I was using had caused the pipe to shift back towards the left to right cross member, and the support bracket on the bottom of the pipe (the one that sits on a rubber type grommet ) had started to cut into cross member. It was enough that I was forced to remove the can and go back to stock. With the stock can the bracket sits around 3/4" away from the cross member. This spot is very hard to see without removing the pipe. I was in contact with one the after market company's and they had not had any issues reported to them, later they contacted me and had checked some of their sleds and fond the same issue, although not has bad as I was seeing on my sled. ( The can I was using was different then the one they make ) They did say they were going to look into it , this was last March . Just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue and what can people have fond works best without having to do any other changes.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
I've been using the SLP can with the cooker mount. Sound level os close to stock (which I'm a fan of) and hey, who doesn't like a hot lunch? :)

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
Diamond S titanium Quiet can with cooler mount built in. Light, good sound, beautiful to look at. Be sure to wrap exhaust header heat wrap on the upper inlet so you don’t melt the pull start cord!

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
Boulder mountain sled shed, the thing cooker can. This thing can cook raw food in short order and sounds good.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I think I've established myself as a "noise nazi"-- I HATE loud cans.

One thing to keep in mind with the 850, there are two EGT sensors--one in the pipe, one in the can. The ECU is fueling based on these EGT sensors and the temperature differentials.

A "loud" can with minimal baffling/ packing will not hold as much heat in as a stock can or properly baffled aftermarket. Which can lead to performance issues/ loss of rpm.

gdn

Premium Member
Dec 29, 2012
SE So Dak
We've been using GGB cans for several years, the trail can has a little bark to it when you hit the throttle but not bad; the mountain can is just flat Loud!! The kid runs that one but it is too loud for me.

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
Noise pollution is a real thing, and it’s our biggest threat in getting riding areas closed. Snowmo’s and dirt bikes. Plus it’s downright annoying to have a few loud cans in your group.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Noise pollution is a real thing, and it’s our biggest threat in getting riding areas closed. Snowmo’s and dirt bikes. Plus it’s downright annoying to have a few loud cans in your group.

EXACTLY.

I won't ride with loud cans.
I won't sell them in my shop.
I won't work on sleds with loud cans either.

We either self regulate, or we lose more riding areas.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Has anyone tried the Polaris can?
I can't wait for the reviews on that one.
I wish someone would make a lighter weight can that sounded exactly like stock. I have the titanium diamond s quiet can and it’s still louder then stock.
The skidoo 850 stock exhaust sound is the best sounding exhaust someone should copy that sound.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Only reason I installed a can is to fit 2 under hood bags. Also agree that the doo is nice and quiet.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I just ordered an slp, i wanted the diamond s but can justify $300 for 3 lbs

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Premium Features