• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stuck Klim GTX BOA Cable- Shut up Chadly, you can’t participate in this thread….

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
My Klim Adreneline GTX were warrantied last season because one boots, lower cable seized and wouldn’t retract, even with pliers.

Well, my second set just seized up on both lower cables and this time I’m able to barely pull the cables out and they will tighten back up, but be seized again.

I’ve contacted Klim, so we’ll see what they say about them this time. They did say that it’s a fairly common issue and just don’t know why. I’d replace the BOA tensioner, but the one on the side apparently can’t be replaced.

Anyone else had this happen?
image.jpgimage.jpg

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I have had to replace the tensioner before on same boots. The side tensioner CAN be replaced- you just have to dig a little deeper into the stitching to get it to release.
I don't really care for the replacement cable BOA gives you as it's not a coated black like the ones that came with the boots originally.

I had to contact BOA direct-as Klim told me it's their lacing and would be warrantied lifetime through BOA

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I have had to replace the tensioner before on same boots. The side tensioner CAN be replaced- you just have to dig a little deeper into the stitching to get it to release.
I don't really care for the replacement cable BOA gives you as it's not a coated black like the ones that came with the boots originally.

I had to contact BOA direct-as Klim told me it's their lacing and would be warrantied lifetime through BOA
Copy, I’ll see what Klim says again this time and the do surgery if necessary. Thx

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Klim says they’ll take a look at them, so guess I’ll be wearing my 509 boots for spring riding. Which are extremely comfortable, way more comfortable than the Klim, but a lot less protection for sure.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I know Klim has been pretty strict- and they emphasize on "Life of the garment" which is not your life...Ha Ha
They are pretty bullish on boots
Ya they are😂 My soles are pretty tore up from Polaris running boards, so…. My good friend is a Klim ambassador and he said that his did the same thing last year and they swapped them out for the current version which is the pro S GTX and he says it’s a way better boot and it’s got a completely different boa system.

So, here goes nothing. Fedex has my boots now. Whatever happens, I’m sure they will give me a steep discount if nothing else on the new boots.🤷🏻‍♂️

D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
My Klim Adreneline GTX were warrantied last season because one boots, lower cable seized and wouldn’t retract, even with pliers.

Well, my second set just seized up on both lower cables and this time I’m able to barely pull the cables out and they will tighten back up, but be seized again.

I’ve contacted Klim, so we’ll see what they say about them this time. They did say that it’s a fairly common issue and just don’t know why. I’d replace the BOA tensioner, but the one on the side apparently can’t be replaced.

Anyone else had this happen?
View attachment 417872View attachment 417873
Quit overtightening them! That’s what causes it. I had four pair do it, and as soon as I stopped over, tightening it. I’ve never had it happen again.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Well, good news here. Klim as usual from my experience, with their Customer Service has agreed that the boots have an issue and they are replacing them with the upgraded. Adrenaline pro S GTX boots. 👍🏻

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
If you use duct tape right from the beginning you’ll have the cables in good shape later for when you really need them.
Dont procrastinate.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Ended up getting the Havoc GTX in my favorite blue lemonade color😜 Had to pay the $30 difference, but cool with me👍🏻

No more exposed shin bone, the 1” gap above my boot and below my mobius that somehow always finds something sharp or hard😩

1711499430721.jpeg

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
What’s a mobius? It sounds like a growth or something. Haha

Premium Features