• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

welding titanium

G
Dec 1, 2007
Girdwood, Alaska
I use trailing shields and back purging...pretty simple set up. You do need a argon enviroment. There is no explosion hazzard....

Any aircraft place can do it, I am in Aero Twin from time to time when I am around I know they have guys who can do it.

What is this for? I am guessing suspension related? If it isn't anything critical it can be welded without anything special. Granted the welds will be brittle, but it does change into cool colors. I have some friends that do the "new age" art stuff that goofy lawyers or stoners buy. I have done some Ti work for them.

Greer Tank might be able to as well. Anyplace that tig welds can do it, Ti is not anything special and welds like anything else it just requires a little more material prep and process control.

Might check flowline, they might have a setup up there.

I would do it but I am going to be gone for a while.

Reactions: unclemark

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I use trailing shields and back purging...pretty simple set up. You do need a argon enviroment. There is no explosion hazzard....

Any aircraft place can do it, I am in Aero Twin from time to time when I am around I know they have guys who can do it.

What is this for? I am guessing suspension related? If it isn't anything critical it can be welded without anything special. Granted the welds will be brittle, but it does change into cool colors. I have some friends that do the "new age" art stuff that goofy lawyers or stoners buy. I have done some Ti work for them.

Greer Tank might be able to as well. Anyplace that tig welds can do it, Ti is not anything special and welds like anything else it just requires a little more material prep and process control.

Might check flowline, they might have a setup up there.

I would do it but I am going to be gone for a while.

I was gonna say..try talking to loren or stephen out at greer tank..they should be able to do it for you....

I
Nov 26, 2007
This is all theoretical at this point. I'd just like to know my options in advance.

Thanks for the input guys.

Premium Features