• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WE should be able to donate our children to science sometimes

G
Nov 28, 2007
Newport
I can't believe it. My 14 year old is my side kick. I started him years ago grass dragging polaris's. Now he goes everywhere with me. I take him to Revy, Western Montana and I just took him out of school a day to let him go to the Jackson Hill Climbs and to ride Togetee Pass with me and other adults.

Now the little **** is mad at me.

I just accepted an offer to sell his 05 M6. This was a nice sled, Boondocker controller, Boss hightop, Simmons Skis ect. So I sell the sled. Saturday I took him to Spokane and snow checked a 2009 XP Summit 800 with a 154 for him.

When we leave the dealer he stops talking to me. Today I go to his school and learn from several teachers he's mad at me for buying him a doo. We are a doo family and the cat was an odd ball.

Now my wife is upset with me for not listening to him and not buying a 09 M8 because he liked the looks of it.

Go figure, do something nice as a man and get bagged on.

There's just some days children should be rented so they can be sent back...

Anyone else have this problem. Half his school offered to move in with me so I could spoil them too.

All bids being reviewed for a hard working teenage boy. HE'S FOR SALE..

07 XRS 159, challenger powder track, Timber Sled suspension, Air shocks, Timber sled intake, cold air venting, SHR clutch & head kit, Simmons Skis, Boss seat, MMP 9 inch wheels, and a hole lot of fun.

Last edited:
C

cableguy

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Country BC
My 14 year old trash talks my xp all the time, He rocks the snow on a modded mm700. Thinks the sun rises and sets on Yami, but if I bought him a new 800 anything I think he'd shyte himself. i know he will stay home if he has to ride the rmk. he hates it. Very spoiled.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
You did the right thing getting him a Doo and steering him away from a Cat. Stop the trouble before it starts, next thing you know he'll be wearing green and pink underwear, bright orange riding gear and sporting a modular helmet.

J
Apr 11, 2008
North Bend , WA
What are ya gonna do??
He's a kid......... an ungratefull little kid, but still a kid!!

You will get your chance to say I told you so next season so it will be worth it.

Oh and will you be my dad??:D

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
It never ends!!

The kids and sleds saga never ends!! We have been a Doo family since day one, now my son buys a 2008 Nytro with a turbo and a 162. So what in the world am i supposed to do to my '05 Summit X??:confused:

Oh well, sure will be fun to check out the boost!!

G
Nov 28, 2007
Newport
Apdate

Well, tonight at the dinner table, I explained that a dump truck will be arriving this weekend with a very large rock to drop in the back yard. I told him he gets a sludge hammer and while I'm out ridding next winter, his butt will be at home smashing the rock.

There's ways for adults to get even......

07 XRS mod:devil:

sorry typo on the top

friggin kids..

wow....... im 19 and i'll be lucky to ride my brother's '01 rmk800 144 next year.

i'm on a 96 poo 500cc this year....:mad: 136" gets stuck every 5 feet in the pow...........

lucky lil F-er..... kids these days, eh??:eek:

oh well,, some day i'll be on a 2002 or newer sled, and by the time i get one i'll be killin' the old farts:beer;:Dj/k grandpas..

J
Nov 26, 2007
BCR
Well, I rode hand me downs when I was kid. In 1999 I was riding a 1976 300SS Elan, that my dad had bought brand new. I evventually got a more modern hand me down, and now that I am out of the house I have to buy my own sleds. I don't think I would have believed it if I had been given a new sled. If the kid aint paying for it himself, then he has no right to complain, just tell him that any sled is better then no sled because thats what he would have if you weren't so generous.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
This is what my dad would do and I'd probably do too. Sell the xp as soon as you get it, then get him an 85 el tigre. That'll give him something to ACTUALLY be upset about.
What an ungrateful little chet.
I guess in all fairness you probably should have asked him what he wanted.
If he would have gotten his way then you wouldn't have to worry about him high marking you.:)

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
man...i wish my dad would buy me a new sled...if i were you i would slap the fire outa him and get him back to earth! i would kill for a new sled. when you get it sell it right away or hide it at a friends house and tell him you sold it and tell him if he wants a sled go work for it...let him work for a month or two of the season without a sled and bring it back after a while. see how he likes that lol. maby he will change his mind and have a little more appreciation for your hard earned money you are more than happy to spend on him.

S

Summitstef

Nov 26, 2007
In a forest, somewhere in Alberta
Wtfo????

You go and BUY your 14 year old kid a $13,000 Machine?? What is wrong with you?? I'd say it is wayy too late to teach your son about the value of hard work!!!!Christ, if my Dad bought me a crummy used Elan back in the day, I would be so happy to EVEN have a sled PERIOD!!!! Sell the sled as soon as it comes to the dealer, don't get the little puke anything except a GT snow racer and let him have a fit every time you go riding!! Spoiled, ungrateatful Brat!!!

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
I say sell your sled too, and ride the new XP. He can cut lawns this summer to pay for whatever sled he can afford. Sorry dude, but the kid's spoiled.

He can come replace fence posts at my place for $4 an hour.

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
My son has always ridden "hand-me-downs", no complaints. I guess if he doesn't like it he can get a job and buy what he wants.

I am with you here!!!
I gave my son my old moddy to ride for the last 2 years and he has had a great time--no complaints out of him. He will ride mine and decide he wants a newer sled--my answer---Save the money and buy what ever you want, on your tab.

He did make me a offer on my sled so I can buy a new sled--But he thinks I am giving it to him for the price he offered;)

If he does not like it--let him sit home the first couple rides and watch his attitude change after he is missing the fun.

H20SKE...

Premium Features