• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

visitor

T
Jan 11, 2009
I am coming down to sled during christmas. I am going to west yellowstone but where else is good to check out. I am bringing my family so it needs to be fairly easy. Any help or hints on where to go is appreciated.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Can you tell me where that is.

Island Park is South West of West Yellowstone the red lines are the snowmobile trails.
Link for full map
islandpark_zps2267e43f.png

Last edited:
C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Island park would be a great place to go. Do the black canyon loop south of the highway. Lots of clear cuts and clearings and also some decent fun stuff if you want. Carrot basin south of big sky would also be a good place.

Sent from my iPhone via magic!

T
Jan 11, 2009
I think I did those last year and where lots of fun. Where else on Montana is there good sledding. I am coming down through Whitefish.

T
Jan 11, 2009
Is there an unloading area at Carrot Basin. Last year we stayed at big sky for a couple of days, not much snow and windy.
At Seeley can you go up into the mountains or is it just aound the lake. You can ride in town to get to the trails??

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
There is a good unloading area at carrot basin. And yes the riding in seeley is awesome. There is everything a guy could ask for in seeley. My favorite area in mt

Sent from my iPhone via magic!

F

fuzz

Jul 4, 2001
Great Falls,Montana
To get into Carrot you actually unload at Taylor Fork parking lot about 10 miles south of Big Sky and 4 miles west of highway. You also can unload at small parking area by hiway and sled in to Taylors and Carrot.

At Seeley- check at Kurts Polaris for info and trail map. There is Trailhead parking lot about 5 miles north of town mostly for riding west and another NE side of town for mostly east.

Last edited:
Premium Features