• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vickery Service Department Fail

TSTEFF

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Have a 13 summit X that needed a couple warranty fixes. I have heard the old stories about their service department offering to re-jet a customers EFI sled but thought I would give them a try. Everytime I have bought parts, etc, seemed good to deal with.

I know the warranty process can be a hassle. I brought it in early in the week and told them, I need to have the sled for the weekend so take pictures, submit to BRP whatever you need to do now no that we can get parts ordered. Picked it up for the weekend. Brought it back the following week, 10 days or so after I picked it up. It was there a week when I decided to call and see what the status was. Service adviser told me they were needing approval from BRP and needed pictures. Called the next week and same answer.

What the hell was going on the 3 weeks it was there? Also the warranty work was a bad handwarmer and a couple things on my gauge display were burnt out. Fairly minor items in my opinion that I find it hard to believe BRP would ask for multiple sets of photos.

When I went to make an appointment, they told me the service department had tons of availability which tells me they weren't swamped busy. I understand sometimes things fall through the cracks but not this bad, especially when you aren't swamped busy. To their credit, all guys were good to talk to on the phone. I decided I didn't want to deal with them anymore and picked it up and will have it done somewhere else in the spring.

D

dtown

Mar 12, 2008
Denver, CO
That sucks. I've personally always had great service and support there. Did you try talking to Bill (owner)? He's always there.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I too have had great luck there.

They gave me a good price when I got my sled and have been quick to help me with anything that I needed.

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Vickery...they said my new sled was setup for the mountains, e.g. 10-12k altitude to find that I have original 62 gram weights and black spring. I won't even consider them for warranty work, they lost my trust.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Vickery is not my primary dealer but I have done some business with them off and on over the last 10+ years for parts and service. I have nothing but good things to say about both departments. Parts were in stock when my primary dealer was out of stock and the service work done to my sled (damage done by one of my riding buddies and he took it there to get it fixed for me) was top notch.

They are the primary dealer for one of my brother in laws and he has had no issues either.

D

dtown

Mar 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Yes he is. He just shortened the stock WE shocks on my wife's '12 Pro so they'd work with the Zbros 36" a-arm kit.

Sam - can't believe it's mid March and Jared and I haven't made it over your way. Take care!

Last edited:
S

Spike38

Dec 11, 2007
Indian Hills
Vickery

Vickery has been a long time and very reputable dealer. Family run and great supporters of the sport. I would suggest you take the time to talk to Bill and explain what happened. Sam I always make sure that I say hi to Bruce Sass he is a long time friend and racing guru. He helped many a time when I was racing

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Yes he is. He just shortened the stock WE shocks on my wife's '12 Pro so they'd work with the Zbros 36" a-arm kit.

Sam - can't believe it's mid March and Jared and I haven't made it over your way. Take care!

No kidding. Winter flew by. We spent a fair amount of time at the Butte.

Sam

TSTEFF

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I know they have been around for awhile. I talked to a buddy in the last couple of days that brought his polaris there for warranty a couple years ago. Held on to it for a month and left it outside, faded his bags and came back filthy. Sled had always been stored indoors.

Yes I could talk to the owner or GM but I don't feel like I should have to. I'm giving my opinion of how my experience was, not how good of guy the owner is which I am sure he is. I like to deal with people that do things right, don't give me the run around, and do it without multiple reminders. We are all human and forget things but it was more than that. I shouldn't have to babysit my sleds progress. Could have easily been a one time deal, rare occasion but either way I'm done with them.

P
Sep 18, 2009
CO
I have been dealing with Vickery for the past ten years. They have always met or exceeded my expectations. I have always been treated with respect and so has anybody i have referred to them. If there has been a issue, I simply say something to the owner (Bill) and it is quickly resolved.

Sorry you had a bad experience and don't want to deal with the owner or management but sometimes thats what you have to do..

As stated before, they are a local family owned company that is very involved in different snow/dirt organizations.

I will always have Bill Vickery's back..

Premium Features