• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

VI-PEC results from my turob'd RMK PRO 8700 ft. ride.

C

Cody Phillips Racing

Just wanted to let everyone know I was able to test my VIPEC ECU for the FIRST ride today. After some initial calibrations around the parking lot and flat terrain I was able to blast this thing around on the stock engine, port work, reeds, etc. at 18-20lbs. of boost without any real issues at all. I was able to get the ECU to cold start at 19 degrees F ambient temps with only two pulls (similar to stock ecu). I can tell this thing is leaps and bounds ahead of any other EFI tuning option on the market. Currently I have a 3.5 bar map sensor, electronic boost control solenoid, and GM AIT sensor hooked up to my pro and they all work flawlessly. This is going to be an awesome revolution for the sled world. I currently am running a 1:1 FPR with 2,000 cc injectors on race gas in my sled and was able to run 1.4 bar without any issues. The throttle response and tunability that I was able to attain with the VIPEC was near/better than stock and this was first day out with the sled. The software is great, but without someone who is well versed in tuning standalone EMS's you might find yourself stumped. I will say that Gino/Sebatsitan have been able to create a good base map with the stock injectors though.

If you've got a turbo'd sled or a modified port/reed/injector/piston sled this i going to be your only option to be able to get the maximum performance out of your machine.

I'll be dynoing my machine sometime this week to post some realworld tuning results with this ecu on a turbo'd application. I'm still running the stock fuel pump, fuel rail, port work, pistons, cyinders etc. without any issues so far. I'll be working with some local experts to get the clutch tuning perfected as I go along. Currently I'm running the almond spring and some 76grm weights with a different helix and rear spring.

I can report this ECU worked out great for me on the FIRST test ride with minimal issues to this point at 8000ft.+, no lake bed bull**** drag racing here....lol

I'm curious to see how the guys are doing up in Cooke City, WY this weekend with their testing........

Anyone who is interested in this ECU and it's capabilities and custom tuning, feel free to contact me through PM or direct through email at cody@codyphillipsracing.com

Can't wait to go riding in Island Park, ID this next weekend!!

Just wanted to let everyone know I was able to test my VIPEC ECU for the FIRST ride today. After some initial calibrations around the parking lot and flat terrain I was able to blast this thing around on the stock engine, port work, reeds, etc. at 18-20lbs. of boost without any real issues at all. I was able to get the ECU to cold start at 19 degrees F ambient temps with only two pulls (similar to stock ecu). I can tell this thing is leaps and bounds ahead of any other EFI tuning option on the market. Currently I have a 3.5 bar map sensor, electronic boost control solenoid, and GM AIT sensor hooked up to my pro and they all work flawlessly. This is going to be an awesome revolution for the sled world. I currently am running a 1:1 FPR with 2,000 cc injectors on race gas in my sled and was able to run 1.4 bar without any issues. The throttle response and tunability that I was able to attain with the VIPEC was near/better than stock and this was first day out with the sled. The software is great, but without someone who is well versed in tuning standalone EMS's you might find yourself stumped. I will say that Gino/Sebatsitan have been able to create a good base map with the stock injectors though.

If you've got a turbo'd sled or a modified port/reed/injector/piston sled this i going to be your only option to be able to get the maximum performance out of your machine.

I'll be dynoing my machine sometime this week to post some realworld tuning results with this ecu on a turbo'd application. I'm still running the stock fuel pump, fuel rail, port work, pistons, cyinders etc. without any issues so far. I'll be working with some local experts to get the clutch tuning perfected as I go along. Currently I'm running the almond spring and some 76grm weights with a different helix and rear spring.

I can report this ECU worked out great for me on the FIRST test ride with minimal issues to this point at 8000ft.+, no lake bed bull**** drag racing here....lol

I'm curious to see how the guys are doing up in Cooke City, WY this weekend with their testing........

Anyone who is interested in this ECU and it's capabilities and custom tuning, feel free to contact me through PM or direct through email at cody@codyphillipsracing.com

Did you happen to get some vid by chance? Sure everyone would love to see it on the snow vs dyno?

Cody, we are going to be in Island park mar2-12 any chance of you being around there at that time? i would be very interested to see how this works. and maybe look at upgrading my silber turbo....

ill be in island park this weekend. i would be very interested in seeing how this works. where will you be staying

I'll see about getting up to Island Park, if I go, I'll definitely post up!

I'll bring an extra ECU for anyone who wants to test it out...

Did some more testing this weekend, The tuneup on the ECU is getting better and better, also getting the clutching where it needs to be. I had to turn the power down due to a o2 sensor failure. I've got some vids I'm going to be uploading, I just need to find the time to break em all down and upload them, they're huge!!

The ECU is working awesome so far, it's got a few quirky things about it, but nothing you won't be able to live with.

Your RMK goes 0-118mph in 7 seconds according to your video. I am having a hard time believing that.

Last edited:
Why? Top fuel drag cars go 250 MPH in 4 seconds? Turbo sled can't go east too?

Not doubting anything that's being said, the vi-pec will be the ultimate tuning tool when people get it figured to run flawless. What I don't get is why it's so hard for someone to get some helmet cam footage of the dash?? Say egt's, track speed, rpms. That would keep a lot of skeptics at bay and I'm sure it would help sell a few units

Premium Features

Back