• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Updated Info on the GFSC Smokin' Grass Drags

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
I agree. What are all the rules??? I'd hate to drive there from Bozeman only to find out that I don't even qualify to race. Seems like more and more rules keep coming out of the woodwork.

Work Spud?!?! Seriously? :D

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
anyone have a link to the rules? the clutch covers on my sleds are plastic i dont think those are okay.
What sled are you running. I don't think that you need the heavyduty clutch covers unless you're running in mod or openmod classses. As far as the extended flaps I just drilled three small holes across the bottom of mine and bolted a piece of belting to it and then wired it to the drop brackets so it can't blow back.

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Okay so what about the rest of us? So first of all my stock engine sled with a rolled chaincase has to be in the mod class. Now I have to get a heavy duty clutch cover to race in that class? Sounds to me like you're forcing me to mod my sled in order to compete....:confused: Maybe that's a good thing :D

I don't mean to sound TOO bitter but what are ALL of the rules? Shouldn't they be posted? I'm trying my hardest to help the Great Falls club out here. I know a few good guys in it.

J
Dec 6, 2002
philipsburg mt
What about if your sled came stock with a drop and roll like the 1m mountain cats?

stock is stock no mods ok if it came from the ''factory'' on the sled it is stock

improved stock pipes porting, some light waght parts

mod big bores up to 1000 cc d/r AFTERMARKET Engines, Cylinders,
Drivetrain, Suspension, Tunnels and Chassis

m/mod open Nitrous trobos and over 1050 cc

it is post to be isr rules

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
Spud lol i just want to know about my clutch side vent cause the tech guy was throwing a fit about clutch bolt holes and making them cover it up......

F

FASTRAC

Nov 27, 2007
Helena,Mont.
Join the crowd,you will be like everyone else. Still putting together the F7, hope I can get it done in time. Fastrac

Questions

Print this thread for your proof!

Vents are okay in improved Cagin.

Rolled chain case puts you in mod without the fancy clutch cover. Fancy clutch cover is for the mod engines with high RPM's and High Torq.

This is still an UNSANCTIONED RACE with some input from everyday riders.

For insurance purposes we have to protect the crowd when when we get into the mods that produce a high output torque and rpm. Open mods, nitrous and turbos.

Like I said, PRINT THIS message and Craig will be on the site from Friday on!

Don't forget FREE hamburgers and hotdogs for the racers on Friday night starting at 6 pm.

Mud Flaps

Okay,
Our races have become indifferent in the fact that we actually have "OPEN MODS" that show up.

Mountain classes only need the flap to be mid track.....stock....improved...mod!!!!

OPEN MOD short track and long track have to be tethered and touch the ground!

The safety devices such as clutch covers, flaps, gear boxes apply once you are in OPEN MOD and Exhibition.

Stock, Improved and MOD are classified as ISSRA rules with minimal safety devices.

Print this and bring it to the races with you.

Drop and roll, just like my stock 800 puts me in mod. Even though a 174 isn't going to run with a 144 stock.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
Do you guys have much as far as ATV's running? My sled won't be ready to race, but maybe if there's somebody to run against I might bring my quad down. And if I did bring my quad, does it need a tether?

Last edited:
Premium Features