• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Updated Info on the GFSC Smokin' Grass Drags

I finally got my computer back and running. So I have updated the info for the Smokin' Grass Drags in Great Falls, Mt. on the 20-21 of Sept.

Agenda:
Friday night 6-9pm Racers Social [Free hotdogs & hamburgers for the racers that show up that night]

Saturday 7 am Tech Starts [Test runs can start as soon as you are thru tech and have registered.

Saturday somewhere around 11 am Races starts

Saturday 6 pmish Barbeque

Sunday 9 am Racing starts

Check out GFSC News for more information.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
i have a ? about clutch vents. i have a BIG vent on the clutch side and am curious if there would be any tech probs with that? i knw 2 years ago the tech guy was making everyone cover clutch bolt holes so i am wondering if this vent would be an issue. i would like to find out so i can do something about before hand it if need be.

I will find out

I will ask that question Monday night for you ragin.

Have you heard of any of the other Choteau guys coming? We are hoping to raise some good numbers this year in order to fund the legal action that the Great Falls Snowmobile Club signed up for on the Little Belt Travel Plan. We all know how expensive that will be.

This is our only real fund raiser for the club and as you well know alot of fun!

Thanks Ken!

Oh, what class will you be in?

Last edited:

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
cool thanks! can you PM me when you find out about that vent. i have talked to a couple of my riding buddies and they might come if they can get away but i dont think they will be racing. oh and ill be racing in the mountain stock 800 if they will let me i only have a can and 2 8" inside wheels so im hoping they will keep me in that class. if not improved mountain 800

Last edited:

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
The can will automatically put you in improved stock. Put your stock can on and run stock, you'll have a better chance that way, Ken.

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
A dropped and rolled chaincase makes you a mod in grass drags?!?! That doesn't even give you any advantage on the grass. I'm running a stock engine with a can and a rollout. Seriously, I'd have to run mod class???

A
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
A dropped and rolled chaincase makes you a mod in grass drags?!?! That doesn't even give you any advantage on the grass. I'm running a stock engine with a can and a rollout. Seriously, I'd have to run mod class???

Might as well port your case while you're at it.:D:D It does make it roll better though.

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Ha ha ha :D

I keep looking at all the threads on here that say 'What constitutes a mod sled?' Guess all those guys are wrong but hey now we know, right?! :D

But cheers to everyone going this year (Even you Spud!). That little rule makes the decision for me. :beer; :beer; :beer;

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
Hey Spud, are you going to be here,and if so ,whose turbo are you running ? I just got mine back together after that mishap that I had at the Bowls on Memorial Day weekend but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Premium Features