• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

update on "winter"

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
I took a drive yesterday to fairbanks. stopped up in hatchers. There is zero snow at the very tops in hatchers. there is no snow in the petersville mountains. there was zero snow in denali. On the whole trip I saw only tiny patches of melted snow on the very tops of the tallest mountains along the highway. Slow start to winter... anyone have any updates?

Reactions: unclemark
A
May 5, 2009
Palmer, Alaska
Temperatures are getting closer to normal.

It looks like there may be a little dusting out near Eureka fri night into sat, but won't amount to much. The temperatures are starting to return more towards normal and we will be in good shape by this weekend, but not much moisture around until Monday and tuesday of next week. It's a long ways out to see how much moisture will actually being moving in, but it looks like a possible snow in petersville maybe up high in hatchers and out near Eureka. I am keeping a close eye on the charts. ;)

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
We still have plenty of time..hehe..parts are just starting to show up for the sled....still gotta get it out and put them on.....snow here in anchorage the week of halloween.....

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
We still have plenty of time..hehe..parts are just starting to show up for the sled....still gotta get it out and put them on.....snow here in anchorage the week of halloween.....

Curt said your parts went out the door today. I told him he should have just stuck the turbo kit in that box and save you both the trouble later. :D

Reactions: AK800RMK151

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Curt said your parts went out the door today. I told him he should have just stuck the turbo kit in that box and save you both the trouble later. :D

yea..he left me a message..no turbo for me..yet...gotta hang with the old guys down low...lol...besides..I am thinking I will watch you go chase mag,doug and john with my sled...next thing you know I will be wanting a turbo with twin foggers on it...dont want to go there dang it....:eek:

Reactions: AK800RMK151
M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska

I'm in the same boat. Sold my house & in the process of buying another, So the sled has been put on the side burner til I get moved. Should be snow by the time I'm ready. :face-icon-small-hap

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Hate to "rain" on your parade but its been raining on my parade up here on the slope for days now.....:mad:. This weather pattern needs to turn around now!

You guys can send that turbo my way.....i need all the help i can get!!! Good news is my gears and clutching parts are waiting at the house for me:D Thanks for all your pointers Mike and Tim! You guys are awesome...cant wait to ride with ya again:D might even be able to pull off a set of Ryde FX's this year too!

Last edited:
Reactions: theultrarider

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I'm in the same boat. Sold my house & in the process of buying another, So the sled has been put on the side burner til I get moved. Should be snow by the time I'm ready. :face-icon-small-hap

fall is the busy time of the year for me at work..we do 60 hr work weeks all summer..fall we can do as many as 90..I just finally had my first day off in 5 weeks on sunday..oh..and thats one of two jobs I work..between both I am pretty busy this time of the year...:D

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Hate to "rain" on your parade but its been raining on my parade up here on the slope for days now.....:mad:. This weather pattern needs to turn around now!

You guys can send that turbo my way.....i need all the help i can get!!! Good news is my gears and clutching parts are waiting at the house for me:D Thanks for all your pointers Mike and Tim! You guys are awesome...cant wait to ride with ya again:D might even be able to pull off a set of Ryde FX's this year too!

hey..1 phone call to Curt and we can have you all fixed up...lol..hang in there..snow is coming..I need to get tim to work some OT so he can do some more mods on his sled.....everyone fedex something to kenai just for the "help gumby" fun of it....:D:beer;:beer;

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Thanks for thinking of me Mike! I have been working 50-55 hours a week since I got back to work. That is enough for this old cripple. Once I get the hospital and doc's paid off, then I cna think about the sled. :D There is always the wifes sled if I don't get to mine hehehe. Gotta be gentle with with me though if I am stuck riding a little old ladies sled guys. :beer;

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Thanks for thinking of me Mike! I have been working 50-55 hours a week since I got back to work. That is enough for this old cripple. Once I get the hospital and doc's paid off, then I cna think about the sled. :D There is always the wifes sled if I don't get to mine hehehe. Gotta be gentle with with me though if I am stuck riding a little old ladies sled guys. :beer;

YEA RIGHT.......what do you think the chances of that are?...hmm..well maybe it will freeze there too this year.........:eek::face-icon-small-hap

Reactions: theultrarider
Premium Features