• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

twisted turbo race gas

Posting for a friend.

We live at 2500 feet. and He got a STEAL of a deal on a race gas kit. But he only wants to run pump

Can he run like 4 psi on 91 or is that a no no with race gas?

this is what I was told by Stainger

IMO- at 2500 feet , I wouldn't go over 7psi.
but Shane told me at 5K 7-8 psi on 91, up to 10 psi on Avgas, up to 12 psi on 110, and up to 14 max on c12 or better.

I could only run 6-7lbs at 9000ft.
You could try it and see if the det sensor kicks in

IMO don't put on the turbo to only run 4psi... The lowest I've ran my sled was about 3400ft and I'm runnin straight pump gas at 8psi... I'm running a custom setup not a twisted setup but I havnt tripped my det sensor at that elevation... Yet. Maybe try running like 6-7 psi and see how it goes. You'll never know till you try it every single sled is different

I also lowered my compression so that might have something to do with it.

Got a call today. And hes wondering what to pull the trigger on.

elevation is 2000-2500feet.
he will run 8psi. on the m1000 twisted turbo

hes looking at straight av gas. or straight c11 or c16.

Whats recommondations.

Very Simple

How deep is his pocket book???

Avgas is the best bang for your Buck. I can get 100 gallons for under $500

well we tryed a couple fuels today.. all at 8 psi. 2500 feet SAME DAY SAME SLED SAME RIDE AREA.

91 oct- lean all over(13's+) didn't even wot.

av gas- little better could get 12.8-13.3 on wot.

c11- way better got it down to 12.4is on wot.

then we through the C16 in .. WOW.. took off like a monster stayed under 12.2 wot and no bogging.. HUGE difference.

well we tryed a couple fuels today.. all at 8 psi. 2500 feet SAME DAY SAME SLED SAME RIDE AREA.

91 oct- lean all over(13's+) didn't even wot.

av gas- little better could get 12.8-13.3 on wot.

c11- way better got it down to 12.4is on wot.

then we through the C16 in .. WOW.. took off like a monster stayed under 12.2 wot and no bogging.. HUGE difference.

How does changing the fuel type change the air fuel ratio?

How does changing the fuel type change the air fuel ratio?

Different octane value.. cooler temps. less det. combusting at the right time? Lots of factors.. Thats like asking why do we spare meth*which is a higher octane* into our turbo charged cars to make it like we are adding more fuel to allow us to run more boost? wait.. because we are?:noidea:

Different octane value.. cooler temps. less det. combusting at the right time? Lots of factors.. Thats like asking why do we spare meth*which is a higher octane* into our turbo charged cars to make it like we are adding more fuel to allow us to run more boost? wait.. because we are?:noidea:

I understand the different octane values and its impact on combustion (kind of). What I don't understand is how does changing octane change the air fuel ratio. I'm new to tuning, just bought a CPC stage three this year so I'm sure I've got a lot to learn.

I understand the different octane values and its impact on combustion (kind of). What I don't understand is how does changing octane change the air fuel ratio. I'm new to tuning, just bought a CPC stage three this year so I'm sure I've got a lot to learn.

I can't answer that properly. So i won't toss myself under the bus.

All i know is what we saw. If we had less octane it would back fire through the throttle body or it was hesitate.

The higher octane we got the more crisp it started to sound,harder pulling outta the hole and more a/f gauge linned up.
GRANTED we did have a set boost we aimed for,maxing the controller out on 91.. less on av.. and so on.

MAYBE you could run 5-6psi fine on av gas. but that was not our target, I'm just stating the results we got. With different levels of octane and different blends you have LOTS of factors.

To name a couple: MON,Cooling affect,it's combustion, compatibility with your set up.

You can throw jet fuel in a stock m6. don't mean it'll run good just because it has a higher octane rating. You'll actual run WAY worst as the motor doesn't have the power or the set up to properly combust ATDC.

That leads to pre ignition or the lovely ignition in your exhaust both are not good to have...

We heard everything from at 2500' you can run 91 at 6 psi. to run c111 at 6 psi... We found the sled ran best with mixxing a 110L drum 91 octane-34L and 117 octane-76L and 20:1 oil mix in there aswell.

Like humans every machine is different, try stuff stay rich and slowly lean out. Pay a little more at the pump other paying motor builders a little more

Premium Features

Back