• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twisted Turbo M1000

This sled has exceeded all my expectations!! I found you can run up to about 6#'s of boost before you max out the stock injectors. Shain was going to see if we could change the controller program to get a little more fuel. The sled has run all year on 91 octane pump gas!! The sled will start with 2-3 pulls when cold and always on the first pull after being warmed up. No temp switch to play with, just 1 pull and go!! The powerband is very friendly, no lag at all and you can get in and out of the throttle just like a normally aspirated sled. Any questions, feel free to ask away!!

Good News!

Glad to hear this set up is pull and go and that your's works nice Cory.
I hope to update my ride next year with a low mile, used 09 m1.
Hard for this under paid mountain boy to justify tearing into a high $$,$$$ brand new warranty delete project. Just been waiting for all the r&d engineers to nuke the bugs. Thanks for the positive FB.:beer;

Finally got to climb some stuff yesterday!! R&D has been good, Shain and I have tried some things and found a few things that will only make his kit better!! :)

Advice please

Whats up. I am new to this forum. I also ride a M1000. Its a 07 with a speedwerx single pipe and can. 68s in the primary with BD box. It sounds like you have a great setup on your m10. My sled wont tach over 7000 rpm and falls on its face climbing. If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Also, it runs pretty good with the stock pipe and no BD box, Ypipe and can, with 65s in primary.

Whats up. I am new to this forum. I also ride a M1000. Its a 07 with a speedwerx single pipe and can. 68s in the primary with BD box. It sounds like you have a great setup on your m10. My sled wont tach over 7000 rpm and falls on its face climbing. If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Also, it runs pretty good with the stock pipe and no BD box, Ypipe and can, with 65s in primary.

Sounds like your 37.5 degrees past center.:rolleyes:

only 7K on RPMs???....its safe to say you need a softer primary spring and/or more pin weight. Clutching is easy to get it good, but harder to get it to its full potenial an/or what fits your riding style better

Strat by posting this question in the AC forum....list everything that is not stock on your sled....everything!

Find a some suggested start numbers for the BD box related to your pipe/can and make some fine tune adjustments

Well, cant help you cause I am running 85 g. D&D heavy hitter weights and turning 7500. :)

Do you have any pics of the install? I like the OVS setup, but have heard so much good about Twisted's setup that I'm getting more and more interested. I like the option of having a bolt on setup such as the OVS. Do the Twisted kits have the pipe mods done already, or is the welding required on your part? Curious to know how much power the M10 and M8 setups are getting on pump gas????

I havent wanted to post about mine because everytime someone does "other people" tend to come in and badmouth. Mine has run flawlessly all year. I have two turbo yammis and ride with all yammi turbo guys and everyone has been impressed with this sled. Mine is the race gas kit and I have pretty much run 12lbs all year and see high 70s track speeds up anything. Could not be more happy with this sled. Shain is a great guy also

Do you have any pics of the install? I like the OVS setup, but have heard so much good about Twisted's setup that I'm getting more and more interested. I like the option of having a bolt on setup such as the OVS. Do the Twisted kits have the pipe mods done already, or is the welding required on your part? Curious to know how much power the M10 and M8 setups are getting on pump gas????

JMO,

Twisted - Shane and others here ride all the time and report back here with anything they can find that may be beneficial to the twisted kit. Shane’s customer service is second to none…. he’s helped me out and answered my calls with questions about my boondocker kit, he has not received a penny from me nor do I ride with him..that should speak volumes for him as a person.

Cutler – IMO, the fresh air intake they package is a huge deal for intake temps….and the M8 turbo kit they have works great and seems to be the cleanest in apperance..its man pretty, lol

Boondocker – this is the kit I have and im still undecided about the intercooler….i know the lastest fuel controller software they have is to par with the others….many folks will bash the boondocker box as it was less then optimal in the past

OVS – never seen this kit on the snow, but ive read a few negative posts from these guys, no class at all. Badmouthing the others with content that Brad Story is a turbo god and the others are idiots. Take a look around and you will notice the only real difference is the kits are the intake and exhaust pipe…..a turbo is a turbo, and most use very similar fuel control boxes.

If I could buy a new kit right not – I would get whatever shane told me to get and add the cutler cold air intake

And to answer to power question - A twisted 5lb pump gas kit stomps my boondocker 12lb race gas M8.....but im cool with that and enjoy the feel of the M8 over the M1000:beer;

My two pennies

JMO,
And to answer to power question - A twisted 5lb pump gas kit stomps my boondocker 12lb race gas M8.....but im cool with that and enjoy the feel of the M8 over the M1000:beer;

That's exactly what I was looking for in power comparison. Just my own choice, but I don't want anything to do with race fuel. I want a sled I can take, and fuel anywhere. And I always run near or at empty, so I can't afford to have a sled that few have spare fuel to give me.

I really like my 1000, and can throw it around good the way I have it setup right now. I'm trying to decide on which sled to build next season, a pump gas M8 or M10? I know the pump gas M8 turbo will have more power than my moded M10 as at elevation I will lose on my NA M10, but I really don't mind a lightened up M10 and it's extra torque for the "trouble zones". It will be on an '09 chassis either way. I just can't get out of my mind that lighter is better and which one to get done on pump gas???

Questions about the exhaust, do they make that big of a difference being tunnel dump or side panel dump? I just solved the bog issue on my '07 M10 and don't want another issue again, but also don't like the idea of cutting into the tunnel either. I liked the OVS because it's clean with no oil tank, and all the flanges are bolt on with no welding in the Aero kits. I want as light weight of a kit as possible, and being abled to unbolt everything and sell it stock down the road is a nice piece of mind option.

I don't like the idea of the Cutler intake, I heard they were melting when underhood temps climbed up. Does it really make that much difference running that setup? I plan on running a Skinz fabric hood anyhow...

The Twisted Kit is not completely bolt on (not sure any turbo kit really is). It can be reversed, but it would take a little work. I will tell you that the Aero's do not make the power that the Garrett's do. Also, the Twisted kit does premix, but I believe most if not all the kits that run oil injection still require a 100:1 premix.

This is the only pic I have right now......

IMG_3207.jpg

i have a few question is the TT a external waste gate? and looking at the kits what is the differance between the pump gas and race gas kits other than price and power output, and why wouldnt you be able to just turn up the boost and fuel pressure to run race fuel on the pump gas kit

My twisted pump gas 1000 has an internal waste gate, The main difference between the pump and race gas turbo is that the race fuel kits have the dual injectors, but you can get the kit with the dual injectors for a little more and still run pump gas like mine.

One ride on a pump gas 1000 and you would be sold, they are an incredible machine! I would really like to see what it would do on a dyno.

yeh im addicted already i normaly ride a 99zr 500 and i went out west with that! haha i was sitting at the bar and got to talking to a guy and it turns out that he had a m chassis with a dd1200 and im not sure what turbo but it was nice. i asked him if he would let me ride it and he said i could so thenext morning he let me take it out. it was the coolest thing i have ever ridden i almost shat my pants when the turbo kicked in, so i now have an m8 on order and have been looking at turbo kits to see what one is the best or the most user friendly. sounds like twisted is the way to go. I wont go with race gas because i ride mostly in the UP and dont want to worry about fuel.

Last edited:
I really like all the kits in one form or another. It makes it so tough to choose cause seriously, despite the bickering, I am interested in every kit in one form or another. When it comes down to it, at this point, call me a pansy, but I basically want a kit that is as close to stock as possible including oil injection. I just want a sled that I don't have to do much but ride. I'm definitely tired of loosing power at elevation and that's one of the biggest plus' I see from the kit. I have lots of time to think about which kit I'm going to get, which is nice... :beer;

Another ride, sled performed flawlessly. The sweet spot seems to be 5#'s of boost. Have the controller setup perfect, learned a few things there. Actually, just did what Derek says to. :) This sled is a boondocking dream and still has tons of power for the long pulls. All in All, it does everything I was hoping for and at $1.50 per gallon!! :D

Premium Features

Back