• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo's what one to buy?

Spring ordered a new le snow pro. Want to turbo it but been out of the loop for 2 years so i dont no who's got the best stuff. My lat sled was a rg bd on a 09 hcr. I had lots of truble with the ebc so this time i would like to keep it simple. Thnx for help

I prefer the way that Twisted & Cutler do things myself, but it really seems like all of them are pretty dialed now. Bgraff on here has a cutler PC turbo, maybe he could offer some insight to how simple his experience has been, but my last couple have been stage II cutlers & they've been more reliable than any other sleds we've owned.

I know a few people have ridden twisted setups, sick setups & Shain puts effort into making the sleds simple & no BS... good guy to deal with.

BD... well... you know bd.

Push, MMsports on here could explain them better, they've got some cool stuff going on, some innovative ideas, haven't heard a ton of on snow about them though this year, but the couple I have have been good.

OVS I believe it is, has been using the new comp turbo with success, really cool idea, probably my next step, oil-less turbo with a simple maintenance schedule, lighter weight, less BS, less things to hit, less things to go wrong... THAT is what I look for in a setup.

Currently running a Twisted- awesome

I'm very pleased came off a Boondocker last year- a pain in the butt to tune,
I have heard really good things about Cutler's- there support is top notch, they will gladly help you over the phone anytime, and happy to do it, i used to have a Cutler 1000 big bore in a m7, they were always happy to answer my questions
I would recommend a dual injector setup you can always turn up the boost and buy better gas when you want it, they don't seem to be that much more money, a 2 injector setup is limited to about 210 HP

I'm very pleased came off a Boondocker last year- a pain in the butt to tune,
I have heard really good things about Cutler's- there support is top notch, they will gladly help you over the phone anytime, and happy to do it, i used to have a Cutler 1000 big bore in a m7, they were always happy to answer my questions
I would recommend a dual injector setup you can always turn up the boost and buy better gas when you want it, they don't seem to be that much more money, a 2 injector setup is limited to about 210 HP

Can you even get a 2 injector setup on the PC? I know VOHK (BD kits)is only doing 4 now even for a PG kit, and I thought Cutler was the same.

I was reading up on push turbo's some pretty impressive if it works but lots to go wrong if it dont work. Anybody have any feed back that turbo system?

We sold and serviced Bgraff's Cutler and we did another 7 or 8 that turned out and ran great after getting them dialed in. We tried an OVS rg kit for comparison on one of our 12's and being not a kit we had done before had more challenges trying to get to where we had our Cutlers tuned to. We had some motor work done that was suggested was changing how the tuning should be, but that motor had a cutler stage 2 on it and ran like a hot damn in our cf m8.

All comes down to the same conclusion as every 2s turbo thread I've read, it's only as good as the guy or dealer that sold it to you. When you need service or advice that's all that matters.

Last edited:
A lot of opinions are based on hearsay unfortunately, like any forum.

Strange that you would start your post that way in a thread that seemed to be pretty positive, and based on direct experiences.

I can tell you that comments by WYO & I are from what we SEE, what we've dealt with in person... sorry that you feel otherwise, but you're not the only person that sees more than one turbo a year.

Btw... agree 100% about the service part... HUGE factor. Even having someone like Dale, Shain, Derek, Jared who will answer the phone & help you through some stupid thing you did, or something little that you missed. Me, would prefer to have it built by someone who knows the kit well, I feel that makes a huge difference as well. Most of the guys I know with problems did the install themselves... and the problems are because of something they did.

Last edited:
--He is right about service. I just recommended a Felker Aerocharger setup to a buddy for his XP because Felker is local and would work with him when needed. Also recommended Kmod.

--Aerocharger not for me, nor is XP but it seems like that is all that
really works right now on a Doo for whatever reason. (another reason not to buy one)

--XP's are OK and run strong, but, you know

I prefer the way that Twisted & Cutler do things myself, but it really seems like all of them are pretty dialed now. Bgraff on here has a cutler PC turbo, maybe he could offer some insight to how simple his experience has been, but my last couple have been stage II cutlers & they've been more reliable than any other sleds we've owned.
i sure do have a cutler! lol. i have the cutler stage II with the 2871 turbo. i cant state anything about the other kits as i have no owned them but i have zero complaints about cutler kits. the fit and finish is awesome and the install is pretty dang easy, just take your time (seriously, no matter how exciting it is take your time, i learnt the hard way...). i will go through all the problems ive had:
1)first ride out on it i popped a piston, was able to ride it the rest of the trip as the damage was not that bad. anyway, got it home and tore it apart to make sure all the wiring was ok and decided to check the plugs. mag side ok, PTO side plugs didnt even have electrodes on them anymore.:face-icon-small-sho. dove in deeper and found the head toast, PTO piston and cylinder done. found that my boost reference line for the attitude box was not tied down well enough and it got melted from the pipe (remember what i said about taking your time?). this means the box would never see boost and never would add fuel. hello lean condition. why it didnt burn down both sides is still a mystery to me but i re-did all the wiring and hoses and got it built back up
2) went to take the sled for a rip at home and only got a few hundred feet and it died. pulled the cord and fired back up so i went back. checked fuel pressure and it was really low and bouncing around, fluctuating 9 PSI. checked voltages and they were fine with the pump unhooked but as soon as i hooked the pump the voltage was very low. so i think fuel pump is done. manually tested pump with 12v battery and it works fine :face-icon-small-dis. hooked back up and doesnt work. WKM got me a new pump next day, threw it in and it worked fine. sent the old one back to CPC, cost me nothing, great service.
3)next trip after fuel pump replacement. go to do my first pull and sled hits DET sensor at 8lbs. adjusted fuel settings and same thing. lowered boost till it was a low as it could go and still hitting DET. pulled plugs and they are white. uh-oh. checked fuel pressure-ok. checked lines-ok. everything is checking out ok. rode the rest of the trip at min boost worked alright. got home and checked motor out and it was fine, sweet! checked over all the wiring and it was fine. then i notice two connectors unplugged by the fuel tank. i was unsure what they were for so i snapped a pict and sent it to kerry at WMK and his exact reply was "thats for your fuel pump! have you been drinking?!" lol. anyway when i changed the pump out this harness fell behind and i didnt notice so when i hooked it back it it was running "stock" secondary injectors would not fire resulting in loss of fuel on boost, thus the DET warning all the time. (again on taking your time)

those are the only problems ive had. i am now running 10-12 lbs all day long and have never had a bigger perma-grin on my face. all the major problems were because on my own lack of inspection and double checking. the only manufacture problem was a fuel pump that cost me one not so good day of home riding. so is my turbo reliable? Hell yeah! am i reliable? that is certainly questionable!:rockon:

PS: I havnt blown A SINGLE belt in the 700 miles i put on this sled boosted:face-icon-small-win
IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

Last edited:
Strange that you would start your post that way in a thread that seemed to be pretty positive, and based on direct experiences.

I can tell you that comments by WYO & I are from what we SEE, what we've dealt with in person... sorry that you feel otherwise, but you're not the only person that sees more than one turbo a year.

And it still is positive....I think lol :face-icon-small-ton It was a general statement, wasn't ment to be questioning anyone, but I can see how it could be taken that way. Not that strange I would think it wouldn't stay real thou considering how positive any of these type of threads start and how they end up on page 2. The intent was to keep the thread going with hands on opinions because you know we are about 2 posts away from the first "i heard that this was kinda something...". I don't feel otherwise, it was in no way suggesting the posts before mine were anything but first hand experience, they weren't portraited that way, nor was I implying that. I respect everyone that posted before me. Let's hug it out lol.:heart:

Now to the reliability of Bgraff, that is quesitonable hehe.

Last edited:
turbos

all the turbo kits work well if you know how to install and set up right. i have set up a couple bd kits and tuning was simple and will run with any other kit out there .you can ask any one i ride with my kits runs better than most but its because i spend my time and install and tune it right. i will put my BD kit against anyones kit and it will feel like it pulls harder on less boost , dont get me wrong i like the way cutler and twisted run but dont like how cutler sets his turbo make the hot pipe go to close to charge tube giving hotter charge temps than i like and dont like how twisted runs the factory oil pump to lube turbo have had a couple factory oil pumps fail me just running the oil to the motor never mind lubing my turbo . BD has there problems to but in all i like the BD kits better but this is all my thoughts . what ever you pick the boost with be fun

Last edited:
all the turbo kits work well if you know how to install and set up right. i have set up a couple bd kits and tuning was simple and will run with any other kit out there .you can ask any one i ride with my kits runs better than most but its because i spend my time and install and tune it right. i will put my BD kit against anyones kit and it will feel like it pulls harder on less boost , dont get me wrong i like the way cutler and twisted run but dont like how cutler sets his turbo make the hot pipe go to close to charge tube giving hotter charge temps than i like and dont like how twisted runs the factory oil pump to lube turbo have had a couple factory oil pumps fail me just running the oil to the motor never mind lubing my turbo . BD has there problems to but in all i like the BD kits better but this is all my thoughts . what ever you pick the boost with be fun

Crazy talk...

I've ridden with this guy(maybe once or twice:face-icon-small-win)... he's not to be trusted...:moony:

His sled hardly runs, plus I hate the fact that unlike EVERY other IC BD setup I've run, his bottom end is actually better than mine. (er, umm... I mean, it hardly runs...)

Nothing to see here folks...

Premium Features

Back