• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo XP motor

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
There's lots of debate over turbo sizing and may leaning towards bigger turbo's now, so I thought I'd post pics of motor before it gets freshened up w/ set of Wossner pistons.

My sled has a Peak Powersports 2860 turbo setup. I usually run around 10 lbs of boost . Been running avgas blend for last 700 miles or so, race blend previous to that. Pistons came out of sled my old man's XP (it's getting a big old set of Wossner pistons in it!!) and had about 500 on them. Around 1000 w/ boost.

Scratch was on pistons when I installed. Let me know what you guys think. More to follow.

inside piston.jpg inside piston further out.jpg piston.jpg piston scuff.jpg

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
more pics.

I had a broken powervalve which left a little debris damage on same piston showing detonation above ring gap. Tried running lower blends and hit the knock sensore quite a bit on a few trips. Pump gas turbo's are a waste of money IMO.

piston sides.jpg piston wash.jpg deto and damage.jpg broken powervalve.jpg

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Few odds and ends.

PTO side of head had previous damage from a seizure when I had powerjet get plugged and didn't let off the flipper in time. I just used a rolox disk and took the burrs off and ran it. There is more debris damage from the powervalve, but not much.

head damage.jpg head no damage.jpg Turbo.jpg

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
10lbs of boost haha whatever sort of like when someone asks how many pounds your running and you say 6 or 7lbs and then i ride it (11.5) without a load on the motor haha first liar never has a chance pistons look good for being on boost imo

Premium Features