• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Phazer .. Need A Test Ride...

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Would like to boost our 08 Phazer 153...but that a sht load of $$$$$. I would like to hook up with some one that has a well tuned boosted Phazer to ride with. I don't need to ride the sled so much...just wanna ride along for the day on my Rev. Prefer a 2 foot fresh powder day and somewhere close to where I live...N.W. MT...Thanks Dino :beer;:beer;

waste

Waste of time and money to boost a phazer. Your rev will blow its doors off if its running right. A buddy of mine turboed one last year. We have put countless hrs in tuning and trying diff. things. Waste of time.... Just my .02

phazer

I know its not the same but go on Youtube and type in turbo phazer. it will bring up a lot of them, also type in like turbo phazer vs 800 i know there is some on there of them racing. just some thing to check out

My 04 Rev performs very well , thank you. Really like the Phazer for its ride, have rode a few stock Nytros, didn't much care for them. Just cant pull the trigger for boost with out trying one first. Not really trying to compare it to any other sled:face-icon-small-win ..just think that it would be a blast with a touch more power now that we have the 153 track under it .......Dino

power

They have more power on the topend...Lag time is so bad you won't want to ride it anymore. Try to ride one, you will see for yourself.

rode one last year with a super charger , similed all day ! try one out if you can

i got one in cranbrook bc. im just north of eureka montana, about 45 min past the line and u could try mine. i did spend a year with small things every ride to get it right. i did end up head shiming it. little more lag with the shim but i really dont think its to bad. better than the mcx turbos. with the stock track on the phazer it just kinda keeps up to a 700 or 800. but now with a camo extreme on it.... well lets just say u should come see it. destroys any N/A sled. P/M 2.S.F.L his first year on a turbo phazer after being a rev guy his whole life.

i got one in cranbrook bc. im just north of eureka montana, about 45 min past the line and u could try mine. i did spend a year with small things every ride to get it right. i did end up head shiming it. little more lag with the shim but i really dont think its to bad. better than the mcx turbos. with the stock track on the phazer it just kinda keeps up to a 700 or 800. but now with a camo extreme on it.... well lets just say u should come see it. destroys any N/A sled. P/M 2.S.F.L his first year on a turbo phazer after being a rev guy his whole life.
Cool, if UPS ever gets there poop in a group and delivers the fuel system for my Dodge ...was suposed to be here yesterday...I would come up. Got the next two weeks busy for me...club poker ride, stupidvisors meetings ect, ect, ect, thanks Dino

Cool, if UPS ever gets there poop in a group and delivers the fuel system for my Dodge ...was suposed to be here yesterday...I would come up. Got the next two weeks busy for me...club poker ride, stupidvisors meetings ect, ect, ect, thanks Dino

feb. 28th is the cranbrook poker run. u should come up.
email me for more info on a ride or if u want info on the poker run. sheldon@finning.ca

Hed shim MCX

I just picked up a MCX kit for one and am contemplating running without the shim and mixing 40% 110 race fuel with Premium. I think that should help with the lag thing a bit.

I ride with 3 turbo phazers, not much is stock phazer , they have custom tunnels, shimmed bulkheads ,to allow for 15 wide tracks.. Any way you better have one mean a$$ sled If you want to ride with these sleds..... LAG IS BAD...you have to be looking ahead to ride these sleds.

I ride with 3 turbo phazers, not much is stock phazer , they have custom tunnels, shimmed bulkheads ,to allow for 15 wide tracks.. Any way you better have one mean a$$ sled If you want to ride with these sleds..... LAG IS BAD...you have to be looking ahead to ride these sleds.
Just don't understand why Yamahahaha would build the bulkhead so narrow , the tunnel could squeeze in a 15 but the bulkhead... we cut down a 153 to 14.5 wide and its a tight fit. Helped the sled a bunch. Dino

Getting the wider track under them is the key..We found out with the fire cats that the narrow 13.5 trck just doesn't work. It didn't matter how long you went the dam things just wouldn't float.

rode one last year with a super charger , similed all day ! try one out if you can
So its been bad here lately...low snow , now ice....truck broke,.... NAA tractor broke, went to go rideing today up Bloom ...The wifes 06 800 sucked a piston three miles from the truck....so freaking tired of two strokes:confused: but cant stand the Nytro, Apex is to much....

Keep the boost down on the phazer and you will love it and have a ball.

They will not handle big boost numbers for long there is some lag but MCX works better than most people think.

Anyone who has cranked the boost up high for max power got rewarded with 2 stroke style reliability keep it to 140HP and have fun>
Remember the MCX compensates for altitude and you will make 140 HP no mater how high !!! the 2 strokes loose 10% to 15%HP every 3000 feet up so a 150hp sled at 6000 feet is really a 130HP sled at best and maybe as low as 115 hp.

Keep the boost down on the phazer and you will love it and have a ball.

They will not handle big boost numbers for long there is some lag but MCX works better than most people think.

Anyone who has cranked the boost up high for max power got rewarded with 2 stroke style reliability keep it to 140HP and have fun>
Remember the MCX compensates for altitude and you will make 140 HP no mater how high !!! the 2 strokes loose 10% to 15%HP every 3000 feet up so a 150hp sled at 6000 feet is really a 130HP sled at best and maybe as low as 115 hp.
Would like too see our 08 153 with that kinda HP # ...140... but still keep the 4 stroke reliability...just want to ride one and tag along for the day....can u say chicken sht???? to pull the trigger. Cant get jack squat for the sled. And really like riding it. I think it would be a hoot with 40 more ponys...Dino

Premium Features

Back