• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo gearing

A.ekstrom

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2010
Scandinavia
What is the recommended gearing for a boosted -14 M8000 ?

Have the stock 19/50 gears now that are going to be replaced with new Hyvo gears and chain.

Should I keep the stock 19/50 ? Or go up to 21/49? Believe I have read somewhere that higher gearing is recommended to load up the turbo.

Short spec:

153" 2.6" track. Team tied secondary Straight 61 (I think) TSS turbo. 10 lbs of boost on pump at sea level (RK tek head with lower cc) e.t.c e.t.c

Any ideas ?

Also, if someone knows where to find Hyvo gears please let me know. Ordered from Team but they have been on back order for a few months.

Regards

A.ekstrom

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2010
Scandinavia
7/8 wide hyvo gears and chain ordered from STM. Got the 21/49 since that was the lowest gearing available. If it gets to high or I start blowing belts I guess I will have to find a 20 top gear. Also bought the heavy duty jack shaft. For peace of mind.

That brings up a new question. Anyone knows the SKF part number for the jack shaft bearings ? Prefer not to install the OEM Chinese crap.

Thanks

Premium Features