• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tuning pure logic and aero turbo advice and tips needed

D
Dec 17, 2012
I bought a 06 m7 with a areo turbo and a pure logic box. I rode out the first day without any problems more then getting used to the different riding style needed.at the end of the day i was getting the hang of it. The second day I was riding it the same way and it would bog and hiccup after i built up the boost a couple times on the same pull. The guy that owned it before me recommended that i run 103 to 105 octane through it so i did. It felt like something was limiting the engine. I'm very new to the turbo game so this is probably a simple fix (i hope) but i just need some direction on tuning the pure logic box. As of right now it is running at about 6 lbs of boost with 38 lbs of fuel pressure.should i add more octane maybe bump it up to 110 octane maybe turn the boost down?? I don't know. Any advice on the tuning of pure logic box or running a turbo would be greatly appreciated.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
what is your box settings, what altitude?

we need more info, 6lbs of boost on pump gas 91 non ethanol should be fine unless your at lower than 4000'.

S

scot4410

Oct 13, 2010
We were in togwotee running what we think was 104 octane. Just not sure how the pure logic box works or what to change. I think the egts were around 1200

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
Lots of things to look for when you ride it next time. If it was working fine and started acting up could have been ice in your reference line to the pure logic box. Watch the Pure logic box to see if it is sensing boost (blue light coming on). Read OVS's website, pretty good instructions on what the different light colors mean and how to adjust it. Might make sure you look at your RPM's next time too. Could be something in the clutching that is causing your issue. I would say if you are running straight 104 octane at 6psi you have way to much octane but that should not cause you to notice it this much. Might check your reeds since you just bought it. Look at your reference lines and clamps on your charge tube and airbox for holes and watch how much boost you are building on your gauge too. You can read alot about what is happening by the gauges.

Reactions: scot4410
Premium Features