• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TT m1000 boost-it box

Cant get my sled to run right with the boost it box with neils values. works ok with the attitude box.... boost it box came from tss and thinking the programing is rong as he said it has 800 mapping in it ???... it is wired right and boost line tied into the negative side of the throttel bodys... rong burn number ? Anyone know the burn number on a good working sled...

Thanks

will you say that again into my tape recorder ??? some say the boost it box is the cats meow, I have no problems with my attitude box !!!

You want that boost it box hooked to the air box not the vacuum side.. it eliminated the lean condition when the throttle is chopped..

Well I don,t and I ride 2000 to 7000 ft... the boost it box is going back on soon as I find out more info on it..NM smokin dave and everyone els I have talked to say negative side of the air box not like the attitude box... looking to find out what the burn # is on another ttm1000...

Well I don,t and I ride 2000 to 7000 ft... the boost it box is going back on soon as I find out more info on it..NM smokin dave and everyone els I have talked to say negative side of the air box not like the attitude box... looking to find out what the burn # is on another ttm1000...

To bad this isn't working out better. I was about to purchase a boost-it box for my TM1000 this summer. But didn't.

I know derik fisher and the guys are working on a closed loop box also. So I am holding out to see what they come up with.

Thunder

Again nothing really wrong with my attitude box, I just like to tinker I suppose.

Reactions: HCM

I just looked at Neil's notes for the m1000 and it says to hook it up to the air box side or T it in between the boost controller line if there is no nipple in the air box.

The boost feed to the XIC must come from the airbox or charge side only.
Here is what I started with. Just needed a little fine tuning (0-4000 ft)

3000-3750 -20
4000-5000 – 25
5250-5750 – 20
6000 – 15-20
6250 – 15
6500 – 5
6750 0
7000 +2
7250 + 4
7500-9000 + 8

threshold number
0-2500 ft – 2-3 value
2500 4000 ft -4-6 value

Just because I don't know anything about a Boost-It box. What do these numbers mean and what are the controlling. I am assuming they are RPM range, then a number of points of fuel added or subtracted from the base fuel map. Is this only controlling the secondary injectors? Just curious, if I decide to switch over to this box the more I know now the better.

Thanks

Thunder

3000-3750 -20
4000-5000 – 25
5250-5750 – 20
6000 – 15-20
6250 – 15
6500 – 5
6750 0
7000 +2
7250 + 4
7500-9000 + 8

threshold number
0-2500 ft – 2-3 value
2500 4000 ft -4-6 value

You're right, that's how it works. ;) It`s only controlling extra injectors

Main fuel controls the amount of fuel throughout the entire map. If you need to fix the fueling in a specific range, it is best to go into a rpm cells and increase or decrease fuel

Moving the threshold further in to the negatives will richen the map, and it pulls the entire map ahead and starts fuel sooner.

Just because I don't know anything about a Boost-It box. What do these numbers mean and what are the controlling. I am assuming they are RPM range, then a number of points of fuel added or subtracted from the base fuel map. Is this only controlling the secondary injectors? Just curious, if I decide to switch over to this box the more I know now the better.

Thanks

Thunder

3000-3750 -20
4000-5000 – 25
5250-5750 – 20
6000 – 15-20
6250 – 15
6500 – 5
6750 0
7000 +2
7250 + 4
7500-9000 + 8

threshold number
0-2500 ft – 2-3 value
2500 4000 ft -4-6 value

I will give it a shot thanks...

You're right, that's how it works. ;) It`s only controlling extra injectors

Main fuel controls the amount of fuel throughout the entire map. If you need to fix the fueling in a specific range, it is best to go into a rpm cells and increase or decrease fuel

Moving the threshold further in to the negatives will richen the map, and it pulls the entire map ahead and starts fuel sooner.

Alright explain this? so in the 3000-3750 range with a number of minus 20 it is going to richen up this rpm range by twenty points over the stock map, using the secondary's?

The way I looked at your chart I was expecting NO change to the base map until 7000 with a +2.

How does it account for boost then? Do you still raise fuel pressure based on boost and does.

I am sure I am reading it wrong, just trying to figure it out.

Thunder

Boost it box works great on my T-m1000. Tuned it in a couple minutes and it runs great. No burbles, or stumbles. Bigtwins numbers are pretty close to mine.

When the min rpm number is raised, it lowers the rpm range which the box is usable to tune rpms below boost.

If your main fuel is set at 50 then -49 is adding 0 fuel on your box, if its 60 then -59 is 0 fuel added...... and if your main is 50 and you have a -20 trim, you are adding 30 points of fuel. If your tuning a trim at 4500 and you don't want to add fuel, you wants to set those trims as close to a negative main number as you can. Hope that is a good explanation.

The boost it can be hooked to boost air box or vacuum.. Your main number will need to be different, 80 on vacuum and 50 on just boost side for example..

From what I saw testing a m8, the vacuum from the throttle body boots was low and individually were very pulsy between 2-5 inches of vacuum. when both boots were tested together it was more stable at about 3"

Were were testing this to get our bov open at idle, trying differnt springs to accomplish this.

Last edited:
When the min rpm number was lowered, it changed the rpm which the box is usable to tune rpms below boost. If your main fuel is set at 50 then -49 is 0 on your box, if its 60 then -59 is 0...... If your tuning a trim at 4500 and you don't want to add fuel, a guy wants to set those trims as close to negative main number as you can. Hope that is a good explanation. I also got a new email from neil yesterday with change to the way we can hook up the box. It can be hooked up to vacuum, it just needs a larger main fuel number.

From what I saw testing a m8, the vacuum from the throttle body boots was low and individually were very pulsy between 2-5 inches of vacuum. when both boots were tested together it was more stable at about 3"
Were were testing this to get our bov open at idle, trying duiffernt springs to accomplish this.

OK this sounds good. So to find your base number you just keep cutting fuel in the range to get the AF your looking for. Sounds simple.

Thunder

Am I understanding this correctly that you have a main fuel adjustment and a threshold adjustment? If so, what is the difference between the two?

The baro is larger tuning adjustment, I would guess it a 12-15% increase across the board per change 8-9 etc.. The baro is also the adjustment used to tell the box when to start fueling. If you had the baro set at +1 it would start fueling boost at 1 psi and not before. With it being set up it in the negative it can be used for vaccum/no boost adjusting.
There are new instructions for the new baro boxes. There is an altitude perimeter adjustments. I was trying to get the new instructions on here but its beyond my computer technical skills.

The main fuel is a easier smaller fine tuning option for tuning across the board.

3000-3750 -20
4000-5000 – 25
5250-5750 – 20
6000 – 15-20
6250 – 15
6500 – 5
6750 0
7000 +2
7250 + 4
7500-9000 + 8

threshold number
0-2500 ft – 2-3 value
2500 4000 ft -4-6 value

I have the new box with the baro settings... I tryed theas values but there is big lean spot on the bottom but pulls ok on the top I tryed to add fuel in the lean trims but dident make much or any difference .. what do you have your min rpm set at... and I am not sure about this threshold setting and how it works.

Moving the threshold to a more negative number will bring the fuel in sooner. So if you are set at -3.xx go to -4.xx to start bringing fuel in earlier. Then tune the top end via main fuel and rpm trims. As mentioned this will make the whole map richer. If this does not get it tuned call boost it as the min rpm number may need to be adjusted. It is in the book but if a change to this is needed I would call prior to making the change.

Premium Features

Back