• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

trying to wean my sled off the jug

smoking powerstroke have you ever tried jeffs timming trick? Its like 100$ cheaper than BDs. I am just courious if you tried and didnt like it because I think my 2010 m8 with excact same kit as your runs awesome with it rippy on the bottom with the HO head and I just carry a couple jerry cans with 100LL to blend run 10 psi and love it. Maybe he has went away from these for some reason I have not talked to him for a long time. Seems to run much more consitant too hardly ever touch the box any more.

I haven't, I will have to call him and pick his brain. I could defiantly handle just taking 10 gallons of 100LL for a week trip instead of dragging a drum around

Don't want to derail the thread but what code is det on the speedo? Also does it just go into limp mode until it's restarted? 2010 M8

2 different codes 21 and 23 with 23 being the one you don't want to see(if my my memory serves me) and yes it throws you into limp mode until restarted.

Also some have had great success with Boost Juice/Octane Supreme.

I have always wanted to try Boost Juice just haven't got around to it.

I would usually run 50/50 but you could probably get by with less. I thought about putting 09 head on but then the bottom end gets so lazy I dont like that. Good luck report back on what you end up running good or bad.

I would usually run 50/50 but you could probably get by with less. I thought about putting 09 head on but then the bottom end gets so lazy I dont like that. Good luck report back on what you end up running good or bad.

Will do, only problem is I only get one trip this year and that is at the end of January. :sad: For the trip my current plan is crank the boost down to 8lbs and use the timing module (unless Jeff or someone here advises against it.) And see if I can get away with 1 gallon of 110.

How do I know what code 21 or 23? Mine has had an Octane code but never went into limp mode. I also show 8300 rpm once. Had to lower it down in boost to prevent it from over revving.
2011 M8 H.O. Head, boost controller, BD box, intercooler, race gas setup with 2 degree timing key.

Been running boost juice for three years. Absolutely flawless. The only
thing with boost juice is you can not mix with ethanol fuel. If you do
you will have problems with the in tank filters. It will cause a gel to form.

I was told by shain to never run over 10lbs with juice.

Smells great too.

started testing this last weekend with my 2010 M8 OVS race gas. I think it would only be fare to compare apples to apples. in whistler 4500 to 6000 feet 12 pounds with 1.5 gallons of 110 and 9.5 g of 93 Chevron no ethanol. 12.4 to 12.5 on the A/F. No Det codes all day. I do have a tial turbo and a inter cooler on it. I use to believe the det sensor did not work as i use to run straight 111 and 16 pounds but the det code did not go off until i leaned it right out and the A/F was 13.8... but it det coded . last weekend was the best my sled ever ran as well. start 50/50 race and good gas and see how it goes. and work from there if it throws a code turn it down or add more octane

Though I would throw in my findings. I ran last weekend with my 13 and hit the det every pull. Here is my setup. Stock head straight 91 premium with BD 3 degree timing key running 6 psi with water to air intercooler 12.0 AFR around 8-9000 feet. This weekend I am going out with the expansin chamber insert gutted and 20 percent 111 to 91 mix on fuel. I am hoping to get to no timing key with this mix at 8 psi. We will see.

Im with the others.... Dont detune your sled just to be able to run big boost on low octane... keep your tolerances where they are just back the boost down.....

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back