• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trek Over the Top

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Thanks for the pointers Mike!!!

Looking forward to the trip ~ wish there were more people going that we know, but I suppose it is a good opportunity to make new friends. Funny thing, we haven't been contacted by the Trailblazers and with this being our first time, I don't even know where the check in is there in Tok lol not that it is a BIG town... but still.

Wish us luck :)

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Thanks for the pointers Mike!!!

Looking forward to the trip ~ wish there were more people going that we know, but I suppose it is a good opportunity to make new friends. Funny thing, we haven't been contacted by the Trailblazers and with this being our first time, I don't even know where the check in is there in Tok lol not that it is a BIG town... but still.

Wish us luck :)

when you first drive into tok...there is two motels..one on each side of the road..the one on the left is check-in the one on the right is for breakfast...and all you need to do is ask at fast when you check in...they will know everything...becareful and have a blast......

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
fast eddies !! great breakfast

we race our street bikes up there at tanacross also about a 12 mile straight stretch were i topped out my GSXR at 173 MPH on the radar, 186 indicated

Reactions: AKSNOWRIDER
B
Feb 28, 2008
wasilla
My PM inbox is full....waiting for my paid membership to take effect. Guess I'll have to wait till then to read it...:face-icon-small-dis

delete your sent emails at least the one you dont need, and do the same with your inbox , bring them down lower than 100 and you can receive mail again. thats what i did . or just join the rebels on the other site and you dont have to go through this crap:face-icon-small-fro

M
Mar 23, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Ridgerat,

You'll have a great time. Saw some pictures from this week's run and it looks like they have great weather. I've been 6 times, from 20 degrees above to 55 below. Remember to dress warm and bring duct tape. If you have any exposed skin, cover it! I typically ride with a motocross style helmet and a couple of years I taped my entire face.

If it gets cold, stay with your group. Had my chaincase blow up on me during the 55 below run. We were only 5 miles from boundary so my buddy had taken off. Stood around for about 30 minutes before he realized I wasn't coming. I don't know which was more fun, trying to ride two-up on an F7 or driving back a month and half later to retrieve my sled. I was so hoping that it was stolen, set on fire, anything! Guess the folks that make the run are just too damn trustworthy! :face-icon-small-ton

Reactions: Ridgerat
Premium Features