• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tree riding primary spring

I have the slp blue/pink 140/340 which is great for trails or at home riding but in the trees the engagement is high which can lead to trenching.

Am I better off with the slp black/pink 120/340. Is the 340 finish too much for elevation riding? Is the slp black/yellow 120/310 a better choice?

I am running 20-46 gearing and 10-60 weights. Pulls 8200 rpm on a good climb.

I have the slp blue/pink 140/340 which is great for trails or at home riding but in the trees the engagement is high which can lead to trenching.

Am I better off with the slp black/pink 120/340. Is the 340 finish too much for elevation riding? Is the slp black/yellow 120/310 a better choice?

I am running 20-46 gearing and 10-60 weights. Pulls 8200 rpm on a good climb.

Black pink for sure. Same max rpm, lower engagement.

I usually find traction by changing things in the secondary. Some times a good cleaning may be enough.

I run the polaris black/green which is 120-340. I prefer it to the slp blue pink I tried.

Either the black pink slp or the polaris spring should work for you.

I am running this with MDS weights right now but also used it on stock weights.

I usually find traction by changing things in the secondary. Some times a good cleaning may be enough.

OFF TOPIC but on topic.....

My sled is really bogged down by packed drifted snow, im sure its the track slowing down the motor, what would you do to keep the rpm wide open sitting around the same rpm in the secondary?

OFF TOPIC but on topic.....

My sled is really bogged down by packed drifted snow, im sure its the track slowing down the motor, what would you do to keep the rpm wide open sitting around the same rpm in the secondary?

I would go to a shallower helix, I supose you could use stiffer spring but after following TRS clutching and gearing advise, I would go shallower helix. His set up, shallow helix softer spring works great

I would go to a shallower helix, I supose you could use stiffer spring but after following TRS clutching and gearing advise, I would go shallower helix. His set up, shallow helix softer spring works great

What would be the downside of the black purple/secondary spring?

my primary spring was toast, maybe my secondary is as well.....even a new black with some delerin washers might be what i need.

Premium Features

Back