• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailing arm Questions

I hit a tree and bent the left side Trailing arm mount and bolt, resulting in the trailing arm falling off of the machine. Anyone have any input on how to fix this problem the right way?

I've straightened and then welded a small plate on the back side to reinforce T/A's lots of times. If you popped the ball joint off you might be able to put a big washer on the head of the bolt to hold it on temporarily. Not quite so easy to rig the ball joint.

I always tried to have spare T/A's on hand.

If you are talking about the trailing arm mount, thats riveted to the tunnel/footpocket, the best way to do it is pull the bellypan, drill all the rivets out and either straighten it all out or buy a new mount and rivet it back together.

New mounts are about $100 from the dealer, its a bunch of work though.

If you are talking about just the bushing, its about $20

Last edited:
This should answer all your questions. As for reinforcing the mount your just asking for a wreck somewhere else, all that energy has to go somewhere... rather replace a mount then a bulkhead.

http://snowmobile.off-road.com/snowmobile/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=195510

Mounts $136 Dollars and includes all the rivets needed for the mount as well as to replace the rivets in the foot well ect.. It's easier to remove the belly pan to get at everything so pick up a couple of large head 3/16 rivets too. Also the rivets are steel so plan on renting a HD pop rivet gun.

Premium Features

Back