• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track cutting???

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
A table saw works very well, and a course blade works better than a fine blade IMHO. Carbide tipped for sure, gotta cut through the kevlar straps.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
A table saw works very well, and a course blade works better than a fine blade IMHO. Carbide tipped for sure, gotta cut through the kevlar straps.

Only problem and one which many have said is set your saw fence to cut the inch or so[Blade will be close to the fence} so the biggest part of the track is on the other side of the blade?The way shown the fence is out near 13 inches .

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
I understand what u are saying, and I'm not sure which way is better. I have never used the table saw method, I just use a hand circular saw and free hand it, But my neck is kinda red so you my want to try the table saw, LOL

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I understand what u are saying, and I'm not sure which way is better. I have never used the table saw method, I just use a hand circular saw and free hand it, But my neck is kinda red so you my want to try the table saw, LOL

I have not cut a track before.so who,s red now!. It does make sense because if the track doesn't stay in perfect contact with the fence it will leave material instead of taking too much material. I will be cutting next week

Premium Features