• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Toyota Crew Max 5.7 L ???

D

Duke

Want the good, the bad, the ugly?? These look too appealing to buy anything else. Seems to fit me the best, anyone own one?? thx

I own an 07 Double cab Trd. Love the truck, nice size, nice features and rides nice. It wasn't as "pricey" as some would think. The bad, not too sure yet only 20k on her. The crew max has the bigger interior than mine however I went for the longer box over some creature comforts and styling. Get it you wont regret the decision.

With the rebates on new Diesel trucks, I bet the price is close to the same. The resale of a Diesel, well anything but a Powerjoke, is going to be way better. A gasser can pull pretty well up to about 8000 lbs, after that the big Diesel trucks will be blowin by ya and getting better economy, except for the Powerjoke!

I like those trucks a lot - but hook it up to a 26-foot steel enclosed trailer with 4 sleds in it and tow it from the Denver area up over the pass to the riding areas and you'd be selling it (or the enclosed) shortly there after. All depends on where you live, what you pull and how often you pull it IMO. I'd love to have my next truck be a 1/2 ton gasser but it just wouldn't work for what I personally need.

BTW - I had a Sequoia that I'm 99% sure had that same engine in it. I pulled a 2 place open steel trailer with 2 sleds with that and you knew it was back there - not so with my 3/4 ton diesel.

Not the same engine as the new 5.7 as it only comes in the Tundra. You are right about the gas engine not in the same towing class as a diesel, however.

With the rebates on new Diesel trucks, I bet the price is close to the same. The resale of a Diesel, well anything but a Powerjoke, is going to be way better. A gasser can pull pretty well up to about 8000 lbs, after that the big Diesel trucks will be blowin by ya and getting better economy, except for the Powerjoke!

what planet are you living on man?

Diesel resale is tanked due to the absurd fuel prices.

Gas motors are producing just as much power and getting equally as good if not better fuel mileage (thanks in part to the diesel regeneration crap)...

diesel isnt what it used to be...

What planet are you from pre 08 Diesels get 20+ mpg and I have yet to see a gasser do that unloaded. But don't worry I'm sure you only look stupid when you talk not ride.

What planet are you from pre 08 Diesels get 20+ mpg and I have yet to see a gasser do that unloaded. But don't worry I'm sure you only look stupid when you talk not ride.

agreed that pre 08 diesels get better milage BUT
show me 1 08 diesel getting 20+ unloaded... (what you didnt read my post?) most pre regen diesels have a hard time getting 20+

and notice my post said those diesels with regeneration crap, but dont worry im sure if you would have an 08 diesel if you stayed in school and learned how to read...

popular mechanics just reported these fuel mileages for 08 diesels
Chevy
PM fuel economy (mpg) 18.26*
PM towing fuel economy (mpg) 10.50*

Ford
PM fuel economy (mpg) 11.24
PM towing fuel economy (mpg) 7.60

Dodge
PM fuel economy (mpg) 13.00
PM towing fuel economy (mpg) 8.70

Here is the www.fueleconomy.gov gas ratings on 08 gas vehicles
Chevy 6.0
Regular Gasoline 13 City
Combined​
Hwy

Ford
Gasoline
City​
Combined​
Hwy​

Dodge
Regular Gasoline
City​
Combined​
Hwy​
Toyota
Regular Gasoline
City​
Combined​
Hwy

Last edited:
what planet are you living on man?

Diesel resale is tanked due to the absurd fuel prices.

Gas motors are producing just as much power and getting equally as good if not better fuel mileage (thanks in part to the diesel regeneration crap)...

diesel isnt what it used to be...

Obviously a different planet than you live on. The resale on a used Cummins in Alberta is amazing compared to any gas pot. Hook a 41 ft toy hauler on your POS gasser and see if leaves the yard. Guess what. The houses on your planet are far cheaper than ours too. LOL

diesel

Diesels are not cut out for my line of work, too heavy, too expensive to maintain.

Obviously a different planet than you live on. The resale on a used Cummins in Alberta is amazing compared to any gas pot. Hook a 41 ft toy hauler on your POS gasser and see if leaves the yard. Guess what. The houses on your planet are far cheaper than ours too. LOL

Again it always comes back to comparing the Tundra 1/2 TON to diesels. He isn't ask about how they compare, so why do you guys always bring them up?

Want the good, the bad, the ugly?? These look too appealing to buy anything else. Seems to fit me the best, anyone own one?? thx

Was looking at one hard when I bought new truck this past spring for work. Ended up going for a Ram 1500 C/C with the 5.7 (which gets me 21-22 mpg empty btw). My next truck, provided still doing same job, will be the Toyota crew max deal. More power (I currently have no problems pulling 8000 lb's as fast as I care to) than the Ram, and be more interior room to boot.
Not sure about fuel economy, but hey, work supplies all the gas I can burn lol....
G.

Was looking at one hard when I bought new truck this past spring for work. Ended up going for a Ram 1500 C/C with the 5.7 (which gets me 21-22 mpg empty btw). G.

Dude you could have written out the cure for cancer with the remainder of your post, but you lost all your credibility right out of the gate.

No way your miles driven divided by your gallons consumed computed when you fill up is over 20 mpg. Not gonna happen with the hemi even with displacement on demand.

Fact is it takes over 150,000 miles of driving to break even with the cost of a diesel vs a gas rig. And that is with the old diesels. Tundra 5.7 has 381 hp and 400 ftlbs torque. Not to mention the best quality on the planet. Unless you tow alot it ain't worth the stink!! hehe.

I like my Tundra the 5.7 Rocks... my problem is I the lead foot likes it more... they will get decent mileage with 35" tires if do the whole grandma driving thingy...

Premium Features

Back