• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

touch screen gigital all in one screen for snowmobiles?

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
I could have sworn I saw an all in one touch screen snowmobile screen? displays egt, tach, water temp, boost, engine codes etc. has any one else seen these advertised anywhere, need to find the source. thanks.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Give me enough time and $, there'll be one on mine :)

Dunno, touch screen with a glove on would be difficult. Given the option, I'd rather have physical buttons (Tactile feedback ftw) than a touchscreen... All you'd really need is arrows, tab, enter, cancel...

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
That's sorta what I do at work... take a system, run all the data through a data acquisition card and into a computer, then automate the whole thing. Data logging, and a simple "Pass/Fail" is usually what I'm going for, but it's not hard to build a function looking at a few digital/analog inputs and adjust an output or three accordingly.

We have a samsung "q" (pictured) with labview and all our device drivers on it, i can use that little handheld computer to run some pretty big testing and datalogging, I know it'll handle all the GPIO a sled can work with. Ruggedizing a computer to withstand the rigors of a day of sledding could be done with $1k in parts too.

Then you interface that computer to a GPS... and a radio... one display controlling -everything- from engine management to waypoints to radio frequencies.

sometimes I hate being such a geek.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
mule, sounds pretty much exactly like what we were BSing about in max thread the other day, when i was looking at the sled, the only problem i saw with connecting the ECU to the comp, but im pretty shure a decent handheld PC like that would have NO problem with handling the ECU functions, and could be made to do a load based engine needs.

basically a 3d fuel map, combined with a 3d AFR and 3d egt maps would make tuning for someboyd who got it so unbearably amazing. i dont know why it hasnt been designed.

the maps would be
fuel control
x-axis throttle position
y-axis engine rpm
z-axis fuel level, AFR, and EGT, allowing simple logical tuning.

i know this is pretty basic, but seems like you could make a realy nice engine program, if you had a good computer programer and somebody to tune it

just looked it up and this is an example, of exactly what i was talking about, but for a sled, takes stock sensors, but allows you to edit all of your fuel needs.

3DGraph.gif

i will come up with a better way of explaining my exact idea as it is not just a punch in numbers and see how it runs, but a dynamic self tuning program, running of a base model like the one above. allowing it to adjust for minor things like air temp, barometric pressure, anything realy

Last edited:
Premium Features