• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

torsion bars on a 2002 mountain max

N
Sep 10, 2009
i picked up this sled used and was told the torsion bars had been removed so they could side hill better. the first time i rode it i dumped it over on multiple occasions for no obvious reason. Is this a missing torsion bar issue and what do i need to do to get some put back on?

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I do not think it's an issue with the sway bar being removed. You may just need to get used to the way it rides. I have two and both have them removed. It makes it much easier to ride everywhere except the trail. You do lose some stability on the trail without it

M
Nov 26, 2007
You may have to work on your riding skills. Learn to lean, and use your body weight.

Try to tighten up the front shocks some.

If you still do not like it, I have the sway bar and links off my 02 yet if you want to put one back on.

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
You may have to work on your riding skills. Learn to lean, and use your body weight.

Try to tighten up the front shocks some.

If you still do not like it, I have the sway bar and links off my 02 yet if you want to put one back on.

True statement! If you like boondocking and a little hill climbing, your better off without it.

Premium Features