• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

todays ride....

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
had a great ride out of GC lot above Walden

Rode with Bushy..PP..SkiB...and....that other fella on the 9 hundo

We started out a group of 12....Bdubs and a few others..I think sledskiing?

that didn't last too long

ROde all day...stormed all day...smiled all day

What more could you ask for!

Stayed in the trees where we were lucky enough to have 2 feet plus to play in.

got a bit of video...but it was dark and stormy all day

have to name it..."riders on the storm"

Had a nice fire today too.....that's sledding to me!

Should have hooked up with us QW...we had two spots in truck/trailer

the more the cheaper!

techys

boston and Dave, tech question:

my m8 only has carbon build up around the outside perimeter of the pistons...3/4 inch wide perfect circle-BUT ....

the center of the domes are clean...almost look powdercoated or primered..but clean...if i didnt know better i'd say the carbon is flaking of the center of the domes or is being washed off..

plugs look very black and crusty.."the tuner" says its the AV gas, washing the centers off giving it a gray dusty look, the carbon looks like it literally flaked off at the edges....maybe the trail ride in cleaned the domes, if such a thing.

sled ran perfect all day, no error codes,...never as mucha s hiccup...just paranoid..

Last edited:
put er back to stock, she's gonna blow!

its too late, i threw away all the stock parts......were good! too much octane, too much fuel, too safe...

ur pics are funny, wifey is laughin at em'

IMG_2789DesktopResolution.jpg

boston and Dave, tech question:

my m8 only has carbon build up around the outside perimeter of the pistons...3/4 inch wide perfect circle-BUT ....

the center of the domes are clean...almost look powdercoated or primered..but clean...if i didnt know better i'd say the carbon is flaking of the center of the domes or is being washed off..

plugs look very black and crusty.."the tuner" says its the AV gas, washing the centers off giving it a gray dusty look, the carbon looks like it literally flaked off at the edges....maybe the trail ride in cleaned the domes, if such a thing.

sled ran perfect all day, no error codes,...never as mucha s hiccup...just paranoid..

Grey is usually an indicator of detonation. Shiny aluminum is usually a sign of being too rich. If it looks dusty I would add fuel, take out a little timing or higher octane fuel. Did you builder tell you the actual compression ratio? Av gas may not be enough.

Alway remember Lean is mean....up until your walking back to the truck. 2 strokes run great lean but on long pulls they build up way too much cylinder heat and start to detonate....even with the right octane fuel.

Premium Features

Back