• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tm1000

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
I sure have no problems with the attitude box or the 3 other turbo 1000 that ride with me. we have a setting that runs good and clean and when I go to pull a long chute I change 2 numbers . no big deal and have 3,200 trouble free miles like this. Back to the topic I love the turbo 1000 had a boondocker 2 injector ride with me a lot and it ran ok but 5.5 lbs was its max and sure wouldn't run with the 4 injectors 1000s another one started out as a boondocker but got twisted and it runs good. My cutler runs good and these are the 3071 turbo a 3076 twisted rides with me and also runs good once you get your tunning figured out the turbo 1000 is a blast, they are like a dragster waiting for the green light

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Here's my .02. I owned one for a couple years. It was a cutler kit with boost it box. I tuned it in a little on the rich side to run no more than 1150 degree egts. I put a kmod and 3" track on it and ran 10#'s boost. I blew the diamond drive after a couple rides. It ran very well for a two stroke, but there was no comparison to my apex. It's not even in the same league. I sold the sled to a young guy, non-tuner. He hasn't touched the box since I sold it to him and it doesn't miss a beat. He also only runs 5psi of boost. m1000's do have some electrical gremlins. The gauge pod kept going out and then coming on again, it also flashed a ccu code sometimes. This is what I found with mine. Many of them are inconsistent with tuning, but mine was not. Just the other annoying things for me, one be the weak diamond drive.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
3,200 miles on stock 09 diamond drive @ 9 lbs im happy with that
I think you are right av8or, it was 1050 max egt I had. Mine was an 08 and those dd's don't hold up as well. Sounds like you've had great luck with yours stcatman. It all comes down to being a good tuner and checking things out to prevent problems on the hill.

Reactions: stcatman

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
have the current owner take you out on a full day or two ride, see how it does, make sure it works right and that you can tune it. if you cant get it to work for you dont buy it. there might be a reason why its cheap.

i was ready to run my 1000 off a clif before i put boost it box on.

Reactions: smokindave
Premium Features