• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tm1000

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I have a TM1000.

Pros:
Lots of power at low boost. Shain from Twisted once said a pump gas M1000 at 5 lbs made I think 240 or 250 hp. Not sure I believe that, but mine does rip at 4-5 lbs.

Cons:
Not nearly as well sorted as the TM8s. Less companies made M1000 kits and far less people ride them, so tuning isn't as well figured out.
No detonation sensor. That sensor has saved a lot of TM8s from burning down. No such luxury on a TM1000.

If I had it to do over again I would have bought or built a TM8. I wanted big power on pump gas, so I decided to do the M1000. After a couple years of tuning I still am not happy with the fueling and how it runs. Even after several rides and retunes with the Dobeck boys. Can't get rid of a bog somewhere in the RPM range. I hate a sled that bogs anywhere. Makes them unrideable in tough conditions. Mine is a Push kit, but I have a buddy that has a Twisted kit and it was built by some of the biggest names in the business. Suppose to be tuned to perfection when he bought it. It runs better than mine, but doesn't run completely clean either.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
the m-1000 really starts coming to life @ 6lbs. the more you give it the better it runs
what he said.
8.5 psi is a good power happy place
you can move them to 10 but the jump from 8.5 to 10 is a lot more power than you can get on anything else. at 6 your not even tapping what the tm1 has to offer. never had the balls to run it at 12.:face-icon-small-sho

Reactions: stcatman
B
Oct 9, 2014
TM1000

I have an 08 OVS M1000......had it since new. Brad built it for me and its run flawless since. Race gas set up 10+ on boost. Ride 3K-9K. Have also owned M8 2010 and a Proclimb 8.... Sold them and just ride my 1000 when its deep. Everyone has there own opinions.
Dont buy a turbo if you dont wanna tune though. Gotta know how to adjust fueling. On any mod sled

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
x2

It also isn't the easiest learning curve, to go into the Turbo world. I bought my
1st turbo from Boondocker's themselves, it was their Demo SLed, Jared Sessions delivered it to me in Person. I cussed that thing all the damn time, then tried to get Tech Support from Boondockers at least a half dozen times on the phone , and getting Info from them was like getting Candy from a Fat KID.
After a lot of HE!! and 2 fuel controllers, I sold it, never looked back and been very happy since.

Dec 17, 2007
If it is a race gas gas kit it has four injectors. Let it run stock 2 injectors and factory mapping. Then use a boost it box to run second injectors only on boost. Really simple to tune. I was tired of the bogs in the trees or boondocking off boost. Been running this setup for 2 seasons running at 14-15psi and over 20psi on occasion. Tuning is simple and only is altered at 2 rpm levels 7250 and 7500. Normally ride at 6k and made no changes at cooke city at 10k.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I have a boost it on my ovs tm1000.. runs very good. I talked to neil yesterday, said nope, cant sell me any more boxes.. just kits with the box to Canadian customers only. He is looking for a dealer down here..

So hang on to your boost boxes boys

Reactions: smokindave

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
IMO Boondockers

sux because of customer support after the sale, sure they will treat u like gold until they have their $$ for the turbo kit. then you r on your own, there is no support after the sale.. Cutler and Twisted back their stuff up 1005 after the sale in my experience. I have run both of their products , and very happy with the before, during and after the sale level of support, boondocker will never see a $.05 of my $$ ever again. also while I'm ranting p.h.u.k u Dishnetwork. u will never see a $.05 from me ever again.

Reactions: gus bohne
G
Apr 23, 2008
seems NM got his business model from them as well. hello my box is not fueling when it sees pressure what should I do ? click.. hello,, hello ??

thank you for your donation to the neil maclaren fund. we no longer do business in your country but feel free to send me more of your money..

Premium Features