• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TM1000 fuel pressure / throttle surge

IShartd

Premium Member
New to the turbo. ovs race gas kit, Previous owner installed high flow fuel pump. It hasn't run in a while, so I've been methodically going through it. Fired it up today after many priming pulls. Fired up and wanted to run right out the side of the barn, if it had a belt it prolly would have. Settled to a manageable 2000 rpm, looked down at the regulator gauge and saw 60psi!! Needless to say I adjusted it down a bit, pulled it over, did the same thing. Got it down to 40 after a few rounds of adjustment and still surging. I'm not sure where to go from here. Wondering if the throttle surge and fuel pressure are related. I suspect they are. Need confirmation though, throttle linkage is where it should be.

Appreciate any help you can lend, Tim

Well is sounds like you have a throttle cable thats too tight and causing it to rev the sled up.. make sure there is slack in the throttle lever.

They don't like to run at 60 psi Fuel pressure.. they will fall on their face fast at that psi.. What fuel controller are you running? I would set it lower at 37 -38 and see how it runs, some of the attitude controllers like 34 psi..

Get both checked out and report back

Throttle linkage was the first thing I checked. There is play in the cable, nothing binding up, throttle body snaps back to the idle stop clean. I'll try turning the regulator down more tomorrow, and get back with you. Running the attitude controller.

air leak on the intake side? cracked boots, air box not sealed up ect? spray a little carb cleaner around the intake areas and see if the idle jumps up.

Got the fuel pressure at 37. Throttle boots and intake are all fine with no noticeable leakage. Idles fine, but when you get to the 3500-4000 rpm range (clutch engagement) the throttle surges out of control. Could it be that the secondary injectors are sticking open? Thx for the help

Premium Features

Back