• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled Snow-Check Roll Call

However, the folks at Polaris/Timbersled have a major problem on their hands in that the staff simply doesn't care about the customer. I know that seems overly dramatic, but that was my experience. They are in no hurry to complete orders in a timely fashion. They don't answer the phone. Or return calls. I hope they get it together soon. It's such a great sport.
Anyway, Happy New Year everyone!

Not sure where you get this info, but I happen to know some of the Timbersled staff in Sandpoint. They have been busting their behinds to get parts in so that they can build and ship kits. The extent that they have gone to in order to get kits out the door this season is pretty insane.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Two rides so far on my riot three pro S. Impressed! Snow is piling up pretty quickly here in the Wasatch. Not yet riding the real terrain but medium angle gullies and meadows are super deep right now. Been in wheelie mode most of the time which I could’ve never done in these conditions on my 120 riot. Stoked! Hope everyone gets their kits soon.

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
Excalibur - thanks for posting that great photo. It made me make up my mind with the run around to cancel my spring checked ARO 137.
I have never ridden a snowbike, but that Riot looks so nimble and a blast!

Now Im going to order a Riot 3 Pro, the question is in what year would I take delivery? Bwahaha Timbersled is asleep at the switch.
If you've been run around and want a Riot like feel, seems like you could get it faster ordering a CMX, Snowtech MX, or Rale kit.

T
Feb 17, 2019
Coolin, Idaho
Not sure where you get this info, but I happen to know some of the Timbersled staff in Sandpoint. They have been busting their behinds to get parts in so that they can build and ship kits. The extent that they have gone to in order to get kits out the door this season is pretty insane.
I got this info from my own experience. I appreciate the fact that there have been serious supply chain issues. However, they had 9 months to build my kit. Then there are the communication issues. Hard to explain those away. When someone calls, the call should either be answered or if voice mail, the call should be returned. This is not happening currently at Timbersled. I'm sure there are lots of excellent people working there, but the leadership is lacking.

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
I wanted to share a quick word with this forum group... my Riot 3 Pro failed to be properly quality control checked. I had 4 chassis bolts hand tight, the brake rotor side of the jackshaft was hand tight and had no locktite, and the driveshaft bolt on the non chain side was missing altogether. Please thoroughly check your kits over and look for 60NM torque on all chassis and drive line bolts. Apply locktite to anything not meeting factory spec.

I'm also noticing the track makes contact with the top of the tunnel at the frame directly under the jackshaft area as there is rubber marks on it. Not sure if this is a design flaw on all of them, or if mine just came off the line a mess. Worth everyone taking an hour to check everything over before the mtn tests it for you.

L
Oct 5, 2016
I am still waiting for my Riot 3 pro to show up. At this point I am not sure if I am going to buy it. The kit is literally depreciating as the year drags on and I don’t even own it yet! In 3 months Timbersled will be announcing 2023 snow checks and just like that my riot3 is considered a year old…

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I am still waiting for my Riot 3 pro to show up. At this point I am not sure if I am going to buy it. The kit is literally depreciating as the year drags on and I don’t even own it yet! In 3 months Timbersled will be announcing 2023 snow checks and just like that my riot3 is considered a year old…
Ummm… you should probably buy it. Life is too short not to be laughing all winter long.

E
Sep 23, 2021
Kitimat BC
I hear ya, Im have been waiting since Mar. last year for an ARO 137. I'm also at the point of not going to buy it as well if and when it shows up. I never ridden a snowbike before and maybe it something that is not going to be my bag. Spring is looming and the thought to replace my boat is so tempting.

P
Nov 30, 2013
Id have to wonder if the folks you know are in the front office or just clean the toilets. I just uncrated my riot3 pro and the QC department definitely took that day off. I could probably do a better job of powder coating with a Princess auto kit and my kitchen oven, the finish is crap and missing in numerous spots. There is machining burrs all over the place that are negligent to say the least and cant be passed off on supply chain issues. My front ski loop looks like it was kicked around the yard for the last year. I have bought or snow checked a new kit every year for the past few and won't be continuing that tradition any further.

The folks at timber sled should be ashamed of what they have allowed themselves and their product to become.

E
Sep 23, 2021
Kitimat BC
I can't believe it, the Riot 3 Pro is their flagship model. Has your dealer seen your kit? Any push back I would first contact the Better Business Bureau.
Your between a rock and a hard place, return it and lucky to see a replacement any time soon.

Man that bites...
Id have to wonder if the folks you know are in the front office or just clean the toilets. I just uncrated my riot3 pro and the QC department definitely took that day off. I could probably do a better job of powder coating with a Princess auto kit and my kitchen oven, the finish is crap and missing in numerous spots. There is machining burrs all over the place that are negligent to say the least and cant be passed off on supply chain issues. My front ski loop looks like it was kicked around the yard for the last year. I have bought or snow checked a new kit every year for the past few and won't be continuing that tradition any further.

The folks at timber sled should be ashamed of what they have allowed themselves and their product to become.

C

cbouton

Jan 6, 2013
Soldotna, AK
Update to my snowcheck experience so far, Snowchecked in March and got the confirmation email saying my kit shipped Dec 13th (Riot 3 Pro in red) and still no kit. Spoke with the dealer and they had another snowcheck that invoiced and shipped same days as mine and it arrived 2 weeks ago and their showroom kits shipped 2 weeks after mine and have all arrived just not mine it has disappeared. They've called all other dealers here in AK to see if it went there by mistake with no luck and they called the shippers who say they don't have it. Now it's a waiting game for them to get in touch with their Timbersled rep to see what's going on. It's a bummer as this is my first snowcheck and my first dealing with Timbersled.☹ Hoping my experience improves

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Damn that sucks. One of my bro’s is dealing with the same thing. His kit supposedly shipped about a month and a half ago nobody knows where it is. Must’ve fell off the truck.

S
Feb 4, 2018
My Riot3 wasn't a snow-check, but, I ordered it on August 21st, with the dealer guiding a mid-November-ish delivery date. Missed that date and the update from Polaris on the dealer's computer then said 11/30. Missed that date and the dealer's computer then said 12/31. On 12/31, stopped by the dealer and the computer said it "shipped" on 12/23. I was ecstatic...figured the truck could be rolling in with it any minute. It finally showed up 3.5 weeks later. In that entire time, the dealer had no carrier info from polaris, no tracking number, nothing. Just a black hole. Can't imagine doing business that way. Telling your dealers that something shipped, when clearly it hadn't.

A
Nov 14, 2017
I think I know the reason that Timbersled is marking kits as "shipped" without physically shipping the kit:

Once Timbersled marks the kit as "shipped" the dealer gets and invoice and the clock starts ticking for payment. I work in a completely unrelated field and cannot say this from personal experience, but it is the oldest trick in the book when it comes to these situations. I see it every day in my business.

T
Feb 17, 2019
Coolin, Idaho
After all the delays and hassles of getting my snow check Aro 3S, I must say it's a great kit!
After several rides, in deep powder, on deep wet snow, on ice, in the trees, on windblown crust and everything in between, this is the best kit I have ridden. This is my 6th Timbersled kit over the years. Thought I should weigh in with a positive note rather than just griping.
Thanks to my fantastic dealer for making it happen. So much fun!

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Damn that sucks. One of my bro’s is dealing with the same thing. His kit supposedly shipped about a month and a half ago nobody knows where it is. Must’ve fell off the truck.
Just an update on this. Hopefully this has not happened to anybody else. We got three out of the four kits we ordered (and have been loving them! )Dealer called my buddy and said basically that his kit is lost and timbersled does not have it. Offered him a riot three premium instead of the pro. Buddy asked for a refund instead. Crazy.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Polaris pretty much killed everything good about Klim (What warranty?, Nobody told us Klim had a warranty.) when they bought them too. Its how its likely to be in the future I'm afraid to say.

M5

C

cbouton

Jan 6, 2013
Soldotna, AK
Update to my snowcheck experience so far, Snowchecked in March and got the confirmation email saying my kit shipped Dec 13th (Riot 3 Pro in red) and still no kit. Spoke with the dealer and they had another snowcheck that invoiced and shipped same days as mine and it arrived 2 weeks ago and their showroom kits shipped 2 weeks after mine and have all arrived just not mine it has disappeared. They've called all other dealers here in AK to see if it went there by mistake with no luck and they called the shippers who say they don't have it. Now it's a waiting game for them to get in touch with their Timbersled rep to see what's going on. It's a bummer as this is my first snowcheck and my first dealing with Timbersled.☹ Hoping my experience improves

Update, after I had many back and forth emails from polaris owner connections, timbersled, and contacting the shipping company over the last two weeks my dealer received an email today saying they've found my kit and expediting up here to Alaska. Kit originally shipped Dec 13th. I was just about to pull the plug on it.

Premium Features