• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle slack adjustment

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Just a heads up.
The 3 850’s I checked this week were not getting full throttle.
It’s easy to check, this is not done with your engine running?.
Hold your flipper to the bar, then push the cable toward the bar, if you hear it hit the throttle stop you need to adjust your throttle. Adjust it until you hear it hit when depressing the flipper. Don’t go to far or your TSS will take over. Yesterday’s needed 2 turns on the slack adjuster.
Happy sledding.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
Yeah, the finger throttles have to be fully maxed out on the adjustment threads. It's a bummer Munster doesn't use an adjuster barrel.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Just checked my 2020 khaos and I can depress throttle wire almost to the bar till I hear a clank of full opened. Tried to see how to adjust, but tough to see. Do I need to pull can for access or better remove air box?

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I get what you guys are saying. I run two finger throttles and neither one opens all the way but sleds run great and hit peak rpms. Does that last tiny bit make much if any difference? I guess I could try to get it wide open in an open area then pull the cable with my other hand and see if there’s any gain.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
We try and do that all the time to each other Haha.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I get what you guys are saying. I run two finger throttles and neither one opens all the way but sleds run great and hit peak rpms. Does that last tiny bit make much if any difference? I guess I could try to get it wide open in an open area then pull the cable with my other hand and see if there’s any gain.
Yep, like your weed eater

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
couple of 20's all were on the loose end of spec for sure, picked up easily 5-10% throttle opening. Few extra ponies and these '20's sure are ripping.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Mine seems to go tight when I turn it all the way to the left. Had it stick on me a little bit yesterday like this. I thought my freeplay was a little too tight but when I checked it was actually looser than the spec. But now when I turn it to the left, there is no more slack left at all.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Mine seems to go tight when I turn it all the way to the left. Had it stick on me a little bit yesterday like this. I thought my freeplay was a little too tight but when I checked it was actually looser than the spec. But now when I turn it to the left, there is no more slack left at all.
If it’s a finger throttle, that’s how they work.
The guys here have taken them off because it’s a safety issue.

Premium Features