• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Omnibus bill the Senate passed includes turnigain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R

RamrodAK1

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, AK
If you havent read it yet, but Turnagain is included in this bill. I read it and its hard to understand. I hope this doesnt end our riding days at Turnagain. If someone else understands this can you please inform. Thanks Josh :confused::(

N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
That site goes up and down....I searched the whole bill Section 8010 refers to the area in question.

Do a search for bill on the below link, and search for S.22
http://thomas.loc.gov/

Then section 8010 Refers to the Kenai and turnagain area. From what I read it just designates the area as a Heritage area and is subject to a more micromanaged form of running the show from state and fish and game levels.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
what section?

I looked through it but did not see anything on turnagain. what section did you see it in.

I did see however that there is a section on the alaska gas line act. I have a feeling Lisa M. slipped that one in for her vote.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
thanks Nojoke, looks to me like it would provide funds to set up a managment plan, which means we better be vocal when that time comes or we could lose a valuable riding area.

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
Seems kind of odd that they would include an area that the FS has spent so much time coming up with a management plan for. I don't really like all of the restrictions in the current CNF plan but, giving another agency a shot at it doesn't sound like a good idea.

We will need to be a lot more organized than we are if this comes to pass.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
agreed. we are our own worst enemy sometimes because we don't get involved enough. i know, we just want to be left alone to ride, i'm the same way, but we need to get out there and voice our opinions and rights. check out the other thread i posted and write to our representatives. if you can get enough people to complain they will take our voice into consideration. but beware, it is not going to be a good time for sledders with the new administration.

pv

Premium Features