• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The ears

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
The way it acts, the number are not accurate at idle. You hear in the first vid it goes duh, duh, duh and sounds like its hammering when easing into the throttle. That is the sled loading up. It runs like a stocker now.

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
The fuel pressure should have made a difference. Maybe the gegulator isnt working correctly. Changing that much pressure should have made it richer probably to the point of dying.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Does your box use the standard configurations that are
green - cruise
yellow - accell/decel fuel amount
red - full throttle fueling
green/blue - fuel under boost
yellow/blue - rate at which yellow mode is active
Yellow/Red - RPM of red activtion

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Turning up the pressure did make it run poorly at running rpms, but didn't do squat to make it start better.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Hows the compression? Hard starting that doesn't effect the motor at high rpm could be worn rings and maybe chipped reeds. Maybe a coil failing. How is the spark when you pull it over?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Weak stator could also cause hard starting on these sleds. They are designed to charge a capacitor when they pull over. You have added additional draw which could be a problem. Maybe try unplugging the headlights and try it.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
That's about right, but mode 5 controls my secondary injectors.

My box has a port in the back with 6 receptacles. Rubber cover snaps over it. Is that where you tether to it? No model number or anything. Has a patent # if that would help.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
You connect to the 3.5 boxes via a wireless RF connection. It sound like you have an older box.

I forgot about the check. Ill bring cash this weekend.

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
weak stator or loose frame ground or over-draw at low rpm.
Dont some peeps use a battery to compensate for that.

I have a brand new m-stator for anyonewho needs it.

in the begining i like the simplicity of the PL box, in the end i wished it had more tuneabiltiy for add and subtractions anywhere in the fuel curve.

To my knowledge, limited it is the PL box never had a option to add fuel below 2500..the go-around was to turn up the fuel pressure and subtract in other areas...

just food for thought while i'm racing on my couch..

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
They also put in some fancy expensive NGK ski doo plugs with a .18 gap. Wonder if I shouldn't try the stockers out.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
weak stator or loose frame ground or over-draw at low rpm.
Dont some peeps use a battery to compensate for that.

I have a brand new m-stator for anyonewho needs it.

in the begining i like the simplicity of the PL box, in the end i wished it had more tuneabiltiy for add and subtractions anywhere in the fuel curve.

To my knowledge, limited it is the PL box never had a option to add fuel below 2500..the go-around was to turn up the fuel pressure and subtract in other areas...

just food for thought while i'm racing on my couch..

The gen 3.5 boxes can pull fuel at any RPM. I think that is why these pros are so crisp. SSWIM says its a little too violent and may want us to put one of the TPS smart boost controllers on it to tame it down at part throttle.

I would get that stator from PP Bushy. I would also try hooking up a battery and see if it makes a difference. If it does unplug the headlights and see if she cranks over easier.

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
does either cyclinder looked fouled?........seen a few of those plug coils go bad. Pretty easy to ohm out....Ever try to throw a pillow case over that intake to richen up for startup....

Sure seems like lean start up or lacking accurate spark.........:fish2:

Any chance that gotta a crazy timing retard key + high elevation ecu offset+ lack of intake vaccum = hard startup syndrome

then again, feels like Fenner's M7T all over again!!!

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
when i had my PL box updated in '11 to 3.5, Ogden said they had removed the "remove fuel across the board" function. It was available in the 1st '07-08 flash, but too many customers abused it or burned down due to lack knowledge..

So I was told they went to addtion-only firmware, it ya wanted to removed you needed a psi reg to dial it down. Alleviating there liablilty somewhat.

grain of salt..

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
That is only on the Pure Logic box. They are all made by Dobeck and each dealer can set them up however they want.

The Silber still has the feature active. It does make it nice to not have an additional regulator.

Premium Features