• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team HYVO 19/50

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
What do you mean by adaptable? I have a 15', that should have the updated driveshaft correct?

I meant to say adjustable ...I can't speak of the quality of the 15 jack shaft . I'm using a shaft made out of 300M alloy which is very high strength steel and weigh 1# heavier than stock... I'm also using high strength bearing as well.

DPG

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I meant to say adjustable ...I can't speak of the quality of the 15 jack shaft . I'm using a shaft made out of 300M alloy which is very high strength steel and weigh 1# heavier than stock... I'm also using high strength bearing as well.

DPG

What is the reason for replacing drive train parts before you even drive the sled. We have a '12 stocker and '13 turbo and haven't had any drive train issues.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
What is the reason for replacing drive train parts before you even drive the sled. We have a '12 stocker and '13 turbo and haven't had any drive train issues.

By eliminating the "flexing" that occurs under load to the jack shaft you achieve better clutch performance which equals better power to the track....Lots of guys just go to HYVO and a better Chain but forget completely about the link between the chain case and driven clutch....Some guys brace the driven which in my opinion is just a bandaid not a cure.

I'm building a BB and once the power exits the PTO how best does all the power get to the track ? Buy addressing the drive, driven, jack shaft, chain, gears and drivers you can achieve the best results at getting the power to the track.

DPG

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
Anybody have thoughts on the Team Hyvo 20T 15wide with a 50 13wide bottom gear with a 15wide team chain? I am thinking of going with this gearing. I have ran the stock, 20/49 and the 19/50 .I love to play in the trees and love the snap the 19/50 gives but I think on the odd hill climb it is going to run out of steam. I am doing the manual chain tensioner from the 14 XF7000. What you guys think I want to go with some kind of gearing from Team??

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
By eliminating the "flexing" that occurs under load to the jack shaft you achieve better clutch performance which equals better power to the track....Lots of guys just go to HYVO and a better Chain but forget completely about the link between the chain case and driven clutch....Some guys brace the driven which in my opinion is just a bandaid not a cure.

I'm building a BB and once the power exits the PTO how best does all the power get to the track ? Buy addressing the drive, driven, jack shaft, chain, gears and drivers you can achieve the best results at getting the power to the track.

DPG

Is the bearing that is on the chaincase side of that jack shaft setup a misaligning bearing or a just a heavy duty standard ball bearing? If it is a standard bearing then you are still going to have flex in either the jack shaft or the top of the chaincase when the motor/TCL moves. Granted, a stronger shaft will have less flex due to the bending moment applied by the secondary clutch under load. The only true way to eliminate all the flex is by divorcing the secondary and getting rid of the TCL. I would rather have a stronger shaft that allows the use of the stock type misaligning chaincase bearing than deal with deleting that.

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana

DPG

DPG,
What all do you need to replace when you do the jackshaft? Did A/C come up with a kit?
Thanks

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
DPG,
What all do you need to replace when you do the jackshaft? Did A/C come up with a kit?
Thanks

I hear AC has done something with there jack shaft what exactly that is I don't know...The biggest thing when changing the jack shaft will be pressing on the bearing not really a big deal just needed. Everything else remains the same.

Go to Belangerracingproducts.com good guys that know there stuff.

DPG

Last edited:

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
So I have one last gearing question before I buy some. So do I go with the 19/50 15wide Team gears or do I go with the 20T 15wide and 49 bottom 13 wide with the 15wide chain??? What do you guys think? Team says go all 15wide 19/50 gears. Just need some thoughts on this before I buy

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Hyvo is the way to go. 20/49 seems to be the best fit unless you are 10000 feet plus or 3" 174.

Ok ya i just wasnt sure. I like the 19/50 cat gears the way it feels down low. I am a tree rider in the mountains not much on the hill climbs so was thinking the 19/50 Team would do well for playing in the trees but i just was worried about loosing so much top end with it and the odd hill climb i do will make my track speed hurt??

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I feel like the 19/50 is too much of a top end loss. That is just my opinion and we still install a lot of 19/50s. When riding them back to back, most people prefer the 20/49.

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Ok how long you figure it is on back order? Can I buy a kit from you and would you ship the 19 top gear and 15 wide chain then when the 50 bottom gear comes in you can ship it?

Premium Features